This year HBCU Homecoming fashion experiences will be unlike no other. The HBCU fashion styles have updated , the events will be a runway, and the color of their outfit will represent their school pride. There are so many styles that are tending for this fall for homecoming and every true BSB will show them off from the athletic games to the step show to the after parties.
1)During the day a college student will most likely keep it calm, cool, and casual. This is a good casual look for Voorhees College and its easy to do.
2)Another fashion piece BSBs are doing more often is statement piece necklaces, specifically chokers. The choker has become a loved style among many HBCUs and will be trending this homecoming.
3) During the athletic games a student will rock their school colors to show the love for their school. A female student,BSB, at Tuskegee University will rock an outfit like this to their homecoming game.
4) Plenty of BSBs has been reconnecting themselves to their African roots and dashiki has become a major wardrobe necessity while doing so.
5) The bomber jackets will also be seen this fall homecoming. To stay warm at the midnight bonfires or stylish on a chilly day, a bomber jacket is well needed in a BSB closet.
6. Fashion isn’t only about the clothes one wear it also deals the shoes on one’s feet. The different the sneakers, the cooler they are to wear. Nude colors sneakers will match any homecoming outfit this fall.
7)Sneakers aren’t the only footwear BSBs are enjoying to wear. When she wants to dress her outfit up she can pair any homecoming outfit with open toe bootie.
8) Fashion also includes make up. A HBCU homecoming makeup style that is trending and being seen almost everywhere is matte lipstick. The common color a BSB is wearing ripe plum or a bright-red strawberry.
9) The best BSB outfit this season for homecoming for the after parties is the romper. This is an outfit that is loved at almost every HBCU.
All of these outfits are fashions statements we love to see BSB’s rocking this homecoming. This is the perfect time to rep your school pride and be stylish and a sophisticated Black Southern Belle. Upload photos of your Homecoming looks using the hashtags #blacksouthernbelle and #HBCUbelle on Instagram and represent your school through your look.