When you are a Southern Belle, you are taught to stay on your P’s and Q’s from a young age. Mama combed your hair at night and always made you smell good, and Daddy made sure you knew that boys were no good; Granny made sure you had hot grits and fluffy biscuits for breakfast, and Papa spoiled you rotten like bad milk. Southern Belles have a strong belief that you should always carry yourself in a presentable manner no matter what you are doing or where you are going. Growing up as a Southern Belle, fashion is no stranger, and events are your best friend. With that being said, there is never a time that a Southern Belle should be half-slacking because of the mere fact that you never know who you will run into. Living in a small, southern town, word gets out pretty quickly and you have your whole family’s name on the line! That is why it was extremely important for our parents to teach us how to act as a lady at all times. Therefore, Southern Belles have plenty of debutante events that show our growth in class, maturity, and a little southern sass. Provided below are 10 southern debutante styles that we Southern Belles adore! (Pictures courtesy of Pinterest)
1. Go big, or go home is the motto… right? This sophisticated Southern Belle presents pure elegance as she converses at her event with a fluffy, fur skirt attached to her beautifully ruffled strapless gown with her hair nicely curled above her shoulders.
2. These Southern Belles are feeding us sass and class and they stand in their stunning, short gowns looking fierce. They accessorize with long, evening gloves, classy point-toe heels, and fine jewelry.
3. This exquisite group of women look absolutely gorgeous as they pose upon a staircase with their lovely strapless ballroom gowns, evening gloves, pearls, and bouquets… all in sync.
4. Cotillions are a huge part of some Southern Belles’ lives. These young ladies below are a part of a classical, southern cotillion with their pinned nicely, their nicest gowns and gloves, and finest pearls as their escorts hold their hands and they transition into womanhood.
5. Another southern debutante event where Southern Belles look exquisite in their gowns and their escorts look dapper in their tuxedos as the prepare for a presentation.
6. Southern Belles always had style and fashion. Even further back in time, southern debutante styles were breath-taking. This woman looks charming in her long, puffy sleeve, printed dress.
7. Hair accessories are always and fun and fashionable for any occasion. This Southern Belle adds to the beauty of simply stylish gown by adding an alluring hair accessory to her adorable curls.
8. Who said debutante style had to long and flowing? These three elegant women break the rules and look absolutely amazing while doing it as they wear their gorgeous, mid length gowns to their event.
9. This group of young women look ravishing as their radiant smiles are just as pretty as their oh so lovely ball gowns and their cute hair bows.
10. These three Southern Belles look magnificent as they wear their stunning spaghetti strap gowns with their beautiful head wear and lovely corsets for an admirable debutante style.52