Spring is a great time to refresh your closet and accessories are no exception. Every season presents an opportunity to update classic pieces, like leather handbags. When you think about a leather handbag, there are several factors to keep in mind. There are so many variations to fit your style and needs. Here are 10 tips to consider to pick the best leather handbag for you.
1. Functionality. What’s your intended use for the handbag? Some of us just like to have them for weekend use or to pair with a leisure outfit. Many women use a leather handbag to tote around work tools like a laptop and notebook.
2. Size. Handbags come in different sizes. Are you sure that you need the biggest one from that store? Summer is right around the corner, so maybe you don’t want a big item that makes you sweat every morning when you’re walking from the parking lot to the office. Also, think about your work. Do you travel a lot? If that’s the case, a big handbag has pros and cons, but usually, those who often travel prefer a big one, because you have never enough space in your suitcase.
3. Zippers. How many exterior zipper pockets and interior slip pockets does your ideal leather handbag need? Everyone has their own style. Some women believe that exterior zipper pockets ruin the aesthetic of the item, while others love to have some space to leave keys and cell phone.
4. Quality. Always ask yourself how much you care about the quality of that handbag. Will you be using it for years or updating your bag every season?
5. Brand name. How important is the name of the brand to you? Do you want a leather handbag with a visible brand logo or name? Or do you prefer another kind of handbag? That’s all about your personality, but it’s something to consider too.
6. Color. Think about your ideal summer outfit. Does that handbag you have in mind match with the colors you usually like to wear? The experts often emphasize that. At the historic King Ranch Saddle Shop store in Kingsville, TX, leather handbags are sold every day. What the salesperson always tells to the customer is to think about of the handbag matches the customer’s cowgirl boots’ color.
7. Season. Leather handbags come with different colors. Nothing says summer more than a white or light brown leather handbag, but if you plan to buy it around Thanksgiving or as a Christmas gift, chances are that a darker color would be more suitable.
8. Budget. Yes, leather is expensive. When you browse the Internet looking for some prices, if you don’t filter the search you can end up viewing products that can cost up to $1,000 or even more. Before you start your search, whether it is online or at the mall, make sure to establish your budget. When you do that, think about how many years you want to use that handbag and make some calculations.
9. Ask for advice. Your husband or your boyfriend probably aren’t the best people to ask for advice about which leather handbag you should buy. They might like the concept, but they will never completely understand a woman’s style. That’s why your best friend would be the person to go shopping with. Only the best friend truly knows and understands what we really love, and when it comes to spending money, her thoughts can help us making the right decision.
10. If the handbag isn’t for you, but it’s a gift for a friend, make sure to choose the right one. Don’t be afraid to ask for advice from her parents or boyfriend. Furthermore, consider what her style is and what her needs are. Also, you might know if she already has a leather handbag. If that’s the case, it’s important to buy a product that significantly differs from the other one.
What are your tips to picking out a leather handbag?