This April, I was a part of the High Point Market Design bloggers tour. As someone who loves all things decor and design, I was elated to join and meet a fun group of bloggers and brands. If you are decorating your home this year, whether it is your first home or your last, you want it to reflect your southern personality and heritage. Southern means so many things to so many people and I have picked a few of my favorite takeaways from each showroom we visited while on this tour.
Next time you are looking for design inspiration, make sure to make a trip to High Point Market and freel free to reach out to us for more inspiration!
1)Quality Wood Adds the Right Amount of Southern Charm to Any Home. We especially love this piece from Artefama Furniture, www.
2) Updated Classics are Perfect for any Black Southern Belle: If you are looking for classic pieces with a modern update, we love these pieces from Bernhardt Furniture, www.bernhardt.com
3) Lavender is in for 2017: We grew up with lavender and it is not just for a kid’s room anymore. If you are looking for romantic lavender pieces to add to your home check out these items from Century Furniture, www.
4) A Home Should Be Stylish and Functional: Gone are the days of living rooms and dining rooms you only use on special occasions. Style and functionality are important for a southern hostess. If you are looking for some party proof pieces for your home check out these items from Crypton Home Fabric, www.cryptonhome.com, Joybird.com and Huntington House and
5)Make Your Home feel Like a Resort: Add a bit of fun to your home by getting some inspiration from the Pandora’s Manorwww.pandorasmanor.com and don’t forget to use beautiful linens from Eastern www.easternaccents.com,
6) Something Unique: Every home should have something unique and from a brand that fits their personality. Here are few of our favorite brands with real personality!
Bunny Williams Home, https://www.bunnywilliamshome.com/
Badgley Mishcka Home, http://www.badgleymischka.com/monterey-collection/
Emporium Home, http://emporiumhome.com/
IMC – Interhall, www.
7) Modern Style for a Southern Transplant. If you are a Black Southern Belle living a big city life, transitional pieces are perfect additions to your home. Here are a few of our favorite from Nathan Anthony Furniture, www.nafurniture.com
8) Shabby Chic is Always In: If you dream of country home living, shabby chic is the way to go for decorating your home. Check out these unique items from lifestyle maven, Rachel Ashwell, www.shabbychic.com
9)Tradition and Color are the Perfect Combination: Adding a little tradition and color to your decor The MT Company, www.themtcompany.com
10)A Little Glam Goes a Long Way: Don’t be afraid to add a little glam to your home. Silvers and mirrors are always a perfect touch to a chic southern condo or modern townhome. Check out these pieces from Theodore Alexander, www.
11) Chic Tradition: You can never go wrong with traditional southern decor and if you are looking to update your coastal home or suburban sanctuary, these pieces from Universal Furniture, www.
In addition to the beautiful showrooms, I got to hang out with a special group of design bloggers. Be sure to follow along with their blogs for more design inspiration from the High Point Market Design Bloggers Tour:
– Courtney Allison, www.
– Margot Austin, www.thedesigneditblog.
– Nina Magon, www.livestylishdaily.
– Lisa Mende, www.lisamendedesign.
– Nora Murphy, www.
– Michiel Perry, www.blacksouthernbelle.
– Jana Platina Phipps, www.trimqueen.com
– Ruthie Staalsen, www.decrenew.com
– Laura Umansky, www.
– Rhoda Vickers, www.
If you want more from the tour, check out this video of my favorite items: