Derby Season is right around the corner. As much as we love getting dressed up and wearing our big hats for the main events, we also love learning about the history of the Kentucky Derby. One little-known fact that should be more well known is that the Derby season was once dominated by African American […]
Do you love Eve’s Bayou and classic style? Well, you are in for a treat. Today we have curated our 13 Images of Southern Style Inspiration from Eve’s Bayou. These ladies knew how to dress and were the epitome of Black Southern Belle style. Whether you are prepping for a bridal shower or a dinner party, check out these 13 Images of Southern Style Inspiration from Eve’s Bayou.
1)You can never go wrong with a beautiful cocktail dress. We adore the pearls and stripes as well!
3) Nothing like a casual look with a cardigan, high waist jeans, and classic white tea. Pair with a colorful scarf and bold jewelry, you will always be in style!
4) These two ladies are refined in their deep jewel tones. From the off the shoulder to the sweetheart neckline, this dresses don’t disappoint.
5)Don’t be afraid of fabric and texture. A bold print and a little velvet will make any cocktail dress stand out in a crowd and this one is a stunner!
6) Color is always in style. Pair it with a bold polka dot and a red lipstick and you have all you need for a classic cocktail party look.
7) Cardigans are always a classic touch to any outfit. Pair it with with your favorite straight leg pant or go to black dress for a chic outfit that will last for decades.
8) Feeling a little bohemian? Try a soft lace look. This piece is perfect for summer or hanging out at a resort!
9) Fashion looks better in pairs, this dashing couple is perfectly paired with the wife wearing a bold print and the husband sporting a soft creme suit to accent it all.
10) Orange is great for a tailored look. It does not overwhelm this classic style and should be styled with simple pearls.
11) Don’t forget your gloves! These striped gloves are beautiful and paired with a blue printed gown and bold pearl earrings, they are a classic look for any age.
12) You can never go wrong with a little black dress. This V Neck Dress with a cinched waist is perfect for any event.
13) A classic black dress with pearls and a beautiful hat are always a go to for a Sunday at church. This look will never steer you wrong.
Today we are showcasing a part of history that is so important to the Black Southern Belle. We have a history of being nurses, doctors, and caretakers but one of the roles that were most important to the Black Southern Belle community was the midwife. Today we are highlighting 20 Images of African American Midwives. This history […]
One of my favorite part of watching a movie is seeing the set design. There is plenty of inspiration to get from a fully styled home in a movie. If you are just like us and daydream of decorating our homes after watching a great movie, we are here to help recreate the look from […]
Mardi Gras is over with and many of us are now during the season of Lent. No matter what time of year it is we love celebrating the history of Mardi Gras, especially the African American History of Mardi Gras. Today we are doing that through showcasing Vintage African American Mardi Gras Images We Love. From […]
Are you looking to for a nature-inspired, luxury southern experience for your wedding? We have exactly the list of venues to tickle your fancy. With help from Natural Retreats, we have compiled 3 Luxury Southern Wedding Venues We Love. These places are perfect for the Black Southern Belle bride who loves nature with a little bit of […]
We can’t get enough of southern food and cooking. There is a special for baking for every Black Southern Belle. If you are looking to brush up on your skills then I implore you to check out Black Girl Baking by Jerrelle Guy, founder of the popular food blog Chocolate for Basil, is a food scholar, award-winning food […]
Are you an expecting mom or first-time grandmother looking to decorate a nursery for a baby? We have some inspiration for you today from the new Jungalino Nursery Collection from Pottery Barn Kid’s newest collaboration with lifestyle expert, Justina Blakeney. If you are looking for inspiration we have Nursery Decor We Love from Justina Blakeney – […]
Fashion and style is a big deal for a Black Southern Belle and today we are featuring a BSB who is taking this passion and making a business out of it. Austin based, Alta Alexander has launched her fashion dreams with her new boutique, Altatudes. We are excited to share more about this budding entrepreneur […]
Are you an expecting mom looking to live a stylish Black Southern Belle Mom life? We are here to help. Today we have some southern inspired baby registry help for you. With the help of Blueprint Registry and their team of experts, we have a list of 7 Southern Inspired Baby Registry Items You’ll Go Ga-Ga For. […]
Love history and learning about southern culture especially from the Crescent City. We have the perfect book list for you to add to your library collection. Check out our favorite New Orleans African American History Books to Read. These books are great gifts to give to your friend for her next NOLA trip or a […]