Memorial Day is celebrated every May but few people know that it has strong southern and African American Roots. According to SavingPlaces.org, ” Every May, the nation marks Memorial Day, the longstanding tradition we use to recognize fallen veterans. The holiday has its origins in “Decoration Day,” originally held in Charleston, South Carolina in 1865, when […]
If there is one thing we love in the South, that is definitely our babies. As a Black Southern Belle, you love kids as soon as you are old enough to hold them. Whether as a mom, godmother, auntie or friend, we appreciate the darling babies and especially love dressing them up. From big hair bows to white dresses and patent leather shoes there is something special to us about a Black Southern Belle baby. If you are looking to get a gift for the baby in your life here are 20 Vintage Southern Baby images to inspire you!
If you love this story and want to show off your baby, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and weA�will add your baby to the list!
1)These two sisters are precious in their all white!
2)Southern babies must have a bonnet and this one is too precious!
3)Every baby needs an umbrella and on her wicker chair, we can’t take all the style!
4) Make sure to start them off young with fur!
5) Bows can always be bigger is our motto!
6) Check out her little dollbaby style. We love this!
7) This baby knows how to make an entrance and this empire waist gown and corner chair are divine!
8) Life is better with your girls. These three babies are so cute!
9) We adore this shift dress and a big bow. A�Can’t get enough of this baby!
10) We can’t take those cheeks! Such a precious little one 🙂
11) This baby is so cute we will forgive her for sitting on that beautiful chair!
12) Nothing wrong with relaxing and this baby steals our hearts.A�
13) These two are precious in their matching outfits!
14) The longer the train the happier the belle. This baby is showing off and we love it!
15) We love all the rolls! So cute and chunky!
16) Don’t be afraid of floral print and a wicker purse. Such a fun outfit!
17) Those eyes are too much too handle! We need that rocker in adult size 🙂
18) This baby looks so sweet. Can’t get enough of this little one.
19)These twins are a stylish pair and we love all their bows, buttons and lace.
20) We can’t get enough of this look. A hat, aA�purse, and gloves!
As much as I love my home, just a few weeks ago, my backyard was not my favorite space. With help from Pavestone and Home Depot, I was able to create and style a beautiful southern outdoor oasis. Over a few days, my husband and mother were able to transform our backyard into a beautiful […]
Looking for some last minute derby party inspiration? We have you covered. Today we are showing some fun from our recent Black Southern Belle party with Kentucky Derby Baby Shower Style. From classic red roses, to fun antiques and a fair share of horses, these images are sure to inspire you for your last minute […]
Today we are featuring one of the most important leaders of the Civil Rights Movement. A Mississippi native and political power house, Hamer is a truly powerful Black Southern Belle. Today we are showcasing her power throughA�12 Prolific Images of Fannie Lou Hamer. Hamer shaped the world we live in today and we are honored […]
Sring is here and we are ready for outdoor entertaining. If you are looking for some inspiration for tips on how to create a southern inspired outdoor oasis, we have exactly what you need. We partnered with Home Depot for the Patio Style Challenge. Using products from Home Depota��s Mix and Match collection, we were […]
From Daisy Bates to Oprah Winfrey, black women in the South have blazed the trails of journalism. We reached out to black female journalists — women who are either from the South or who now call the region home– to ask them how they found their voices for storytelling. We also asked them to recommend […]
Spring is here and that means it is time to pull out your favorite southern styles. Nothing says spring in the South quite like a great plaid piece. This forever classic pattern adds a bit of chic to any outfits.A� Today we have Tips for Styling with Plaid fromA� Unlikely Martha and Unlikely Market. These […]
Do you want to add a little touch of elegance to your home? Antiques are a great way to start. Whether you have a modern condo or a classic Victorian dwelling, antiques are always a great way to add layered style to any southern home. With help from Tennessee based Interior Designer, Chad James, we […]
Mother’s Day is right around the girl. Every Black Southern Belle has a mother or mother figure who helped shaped them into who they are. Why not celebrate your mom with a stylish gift. Today we have a curated list ofA�Black Owned Mother’s Day Gifts from Effie’s Paper.A� These gifts are sure to be a […]
Do you love music and home decor? Why not blend those two interests together. If you want to add a bit of soul to your home, check out these AfricanA�American Album Covers to Use as Art. You can choose from any era or any genre, these are favorite ways to add some personality to any […]