Football season is back and of course being the Black Southern Belle that you are you want to host the best tailgate for you and your guest. Your tailgate won’t be complete without delicious appetizers for your guest. So here’s 5 mouth watering southern appetizers that will be everything to your guest at your tailgate.
1. Pigs in a blanket. This is a common appetizer at parties, but to give it that Black Southern Belle touch. Instead of wrapping the mini links in a crescent roll, wrap them with your favorite brand of hickory smoked bacon. After you baked them until golden brown sprinkle some brown sugar on top to give it that Southern sweet and savory taste.
2. Coastline crab stuffed deviled eggs. Living in the south near the coast, crabs are always a big party hit. When making your deviled eggs as you usually would just add some real crab meat and some of your favorite seafood seasoning mix to give it more of that Southern seafood taste, you’re guest will be begging for more!
3. Honey Barbeque wings. Your tailgate would not be a Black Southern Belle tailgate if there wasn’t any Barbeque involved. Grill your wings rather than frying so that they will have that smoky taste, but before you put your Barbeque sauce on top mix it in your favorite brand of honey to give your wings that sweet southern taste.
4. Cream cheese pecan swirls. Although your tailgating everyone has a sweet tooth craving. So to fulfill your guest cravings make them a southern all time favorite, using the south’s favorite nut. Pecans. Your guest will definitely enjoy this sweet southern treat.
5. Turkey bacon and Barbeque sliders. This simple but but satisfying treat will have your guest very pleased. Get your favorite turkey, Swiss cheese, bacon of course and to give it that southern fresh taste go to your local farmer’s market and get a few freshly ripe tomatoes. But instead of using the boring white sandwich bread, grab a few sweet dinner rolls. To give the sliders that warming southern taste. Use your honey Barbeque mix as the sauce for your sliders. Build your sliders then toast them a little so those savory, smoked, and sweet southern flavors can combine and you have yourself a southern slider to die for!
Making these amazing appetizers for your guest will give your tailgate the Black Southern feel that every Belle needs.1