Other than weddings, and our baby’s first birthday party, the biggest event for a Southern Belle is the Family Reunion. Whether it is annually, or every two to five years, uniting with your family members over time is never taken lightly when it comes to southern families. Therefore, Family Reunions must be in a place where all participating members can attend while feeling comfortable. All family members of all ages should have something to interest them, which is why the resort city must be in a nice location where there is accessibility to plenty of different attractions and activities.
(Featured Image by Sean Money and Elizabeth Fay)
1. Pigeon Forge is a great resort city in the beautiful state of Tennessee, to host a family reunion. There are attractions such as Dollywood ( Dolly Parton’s Appalachian themed park), the Smoky Mountains, go karts, miniature golf, and a way more family fun!
2. Galveston, Texas is a great resort city to host a family reunion due to the many attractions and activities such as beaches, shopping, cruising, nature events, art and culture, great food. and the Moody Gardens… just to list a few. Each member of the family is sure to fall in love with at least one activity!
3. Atlanta, Georgia, the “capital of the south,” has a busload of family events for the southern family; making it a great resort city to host your next family reunion. You can arrange for the marine loves to go the aquarium, the Botanical Garden, or take the entire family to the World of Coca-Cola! Not to mention, street activities, theme parks, and other cool recreation throughout the city.
4. Louisville, Kentucky is a great resort city for your next family reunion due to many outdoor activities, museums and art galleries, the Kentucky Derby, Louisville’s Kentucky Bourbon, horseback racing and casino, and more!
5. Birmingham, Alabama is definitely no stranger to family reunions [they actually have a tab on their website for planning of family reunions]. With that being said, this is a great resort city to unite with your loved ones. There are many activities such as touring of the civil rights district, outdoor events, museums, parks, and great food!0