As the mother of a little southern gentlemen, I can definitely say it is a special relationship. From dressing them to feeding them your favorite southern foods, it is always an adventure and a pleasure to share the southern traditions I grew up with. As a daddy’s girl who was spoiled by her grandfather and adore by her little brother, I know how special it is to be raising a southern gentlemen. Today, we are sharing the beautiful images of mother Kiaria Nixon and her adorable baby boy. This FAMU grad and Jacksonville native shares her reasons for why she loves being a mom to a southern gentlemen and we couldn’t agree more. Check out the beautiful images below by the wonderful photographer Natasha Gumbs!
5 Things I Love About Being a Mom to a Southern Gentleman
1. They aren’t afraid of getting dirty but clean up well. Whether it’s grass or beach sand, they will play hard. Southern boys live for being outside!
2. Lazy isn’t in a southern gents DNA they are always on the move. These boys are active.
3. They are one of a kind, I never witnessed how awesome it would be to raise a little gentleman until I was blessed with a son. He is sweet, determined, funny and courageous.
4. Southern gents love their mamas !
My little guy expresses his love for me every day by giving hugs, kisses and giggles. They truly know how to make you feel like the most important girl in their lives with the constant overflow of love!
5. They grow into fine young men! There’s always a reminder that I am raising some special young lady’s future husband. Therefore I am raising him to be a respectable man of God.