Fall Dinner Party season is right around the corner. Whether you are hosting the dinner or a guests, it is important to be prepared for everything that can happen. As a Lowcountry Native, I think we host dinner parties like no other and with that mind, I reached out to one of my favorite Lowcountry ladies, Mimi Striplin of The Tiny Tassel to get some of her tips on how to Prepare a Lowcountry-Inspired Dinner. Getting ready for an event or hosting one yourself, get some help from this Charleston Tastemaker and entrepreur below:
5 Tips to Prepare a Lowcountry-Inspired Dinner
Here in the Lowcountry, we love any excuse to get dressed up! Whether you’re attending an outdoor picnic or a candle lit dinner, colorful clothing and accessories are a must!
- Conquer the theme- sparkle & glam? Bring out the sequins but add your own colorful twist!
- When planning your look, pick one part of your outfit for the evening and go from there. I always start with the jewelry- sometimes a bright tassel earring or even our gold pineapple statement earrings paired with a chic but comfortable dress that makes the summer heat bearable.
- Accessorize (even more!) Pick a fun purse and make sure the shoes are a showstopper too!
- Pick up a little something for the host. Write a beautiful handwritten thank you note, or a beautiful bouquet that can be enjoyed even days after the dinner.
- We all love to snap pictures to remember the night & share on social, but I always prep for dinner by reminding myself to be present! After a year of not being able to gather, I am so excited to spend time in person over a beautiful dinner. Snap a few photos & then put your phone down!