There is nothing more important than spending time with your family, especially for a Black Southern Belle. We all have memories of eating dinner, going on vacation and laughing with our families. Today we are highlighting just that and have curated Vintage Images of African American Families We Love! Vintage Images of African American Families We […]
HBCU Homecomings are truly a sensational part of Fall for all of my Black Southern Belles. We have already established that attending an HBCU Homecoming is a must, but one of the most memorable parts of the homecoming other than winning the big game, tailgating, weekly events, and step shows, is the crowning of Homecoming Queen. Below are 10 vintage HBCU Homecoming Queen looks that we love.
1. The adorable 1958 Miss. Fisk University, Lutonia Graham is captured here sitting simply beautiful with her face framed with her perfectly pinned updo, wearing her gorgeous scoop neck gown spread around her and she has a such a sincere smile!
2. Photographed here is the lovely 1930 Miss. Southern University, Lenora Jones-Washington looking elegant as ever with her soft crimped hair, detailed short, lace gown, classy pumps, and holding her school banner with much pride.
3. Crowned “Queen Cinderella,” in 1954, Evelyn Baranco served as an amazing candidate at the Annual Mardi Gras Ball of Xavier University of Louisiana. So amazing, she was actually a feature in Jet magazine. She models her long, fluffy, spaghetti strap gown with her glamorous tiara and handsome prince.
5. 1954 Fraternity Queen At Howard University, Patricia Adams has on such an exquisite gown as she accepts her bouquet and has her curly hair flows beneath her tiara.
6. 1954 Miss. Huston-Tillotson, Ada Lee Gipson is am example of pure royalty as her wonderful gown is topped with a robe fit for a queen with her beautiful bouquet cradled in her arms as she is crowned.
8. These beautiful women are enjoying their homecoming float for St. Augustine College in the 1960s. They all look amazing with their pretty strapless, ruffle bottom gowns and tasteful hair styles.
9. Excitement is filled in the eyes of each of these queens (and the guy) as they accomplish something special in their vivid 80s-90s trends. They rock plaid, bright colors, nice fluffy afros and straightened hair, as they smile with glee.
Do you love learning about history and also love southern food? We have the perfect list for you today. From Gullah food to whole hog BBQ, there are a number of cuisines to explore in the spectrum of soul food. My favorite soul food is influenced by church celebrations and today we are giving you […]
It is never to early to start planning for summer vacations and what better way to do that than through reading some great books. Today we are sharing Our Favorite Books on African American Beaches. If you love history and enjoy spending time on the water, these books are perfect for you. Take a trip through […]
Today we are featuring some of our favorite Images of Coretta Scott King. These images exude her classic grace and elegance as long as a little bit of her fun and playful side playing the roles of activist, wife, mom and more. She is the shining example of a Black Southern Belle and we are […]
What could be better than savoring the taste of Lowcountry cuisine from award-winning restaurants in Charleston? Enjoying them while enjoying a beautiful sunset over the Holy City, of course. With its warm climate and gorgeous sunsets over the Charleston Harbor, you couldn’t ask for a perfect place to wine, dine, and unwind. Here are the Top 10 […]
Today we are featuring a beautiful Kernersville, NC Wedding with Garden Style. This northern bride has decided to put her family and marriage roots in the South. Her beautiful garden-inspired wedding left us speechless and we are so honored to share the story of her nuptials. Take some time to get inspired with this beautiful garden […]
Spring is right around the corner and we can’t wait. There is nothing more fun than a garden party in the Spring, especially one planned by a Back Southern Belle. Today we are featuring a beautiful Pink and Green Inspired Dinner Party in Gainesville, GA and hope it gives you all the inspiration you need […]
Family reunion planning is in full swing a few months out before summer. Feeling a little overwhelmed as you get things started? We have some resources to make the process the easier and ultimately fun. To get you started with planning, we have curated Books on How to Plan Your African American Family Reunion. Whether it […]
Do you love crafting and DIY? Of course, you do, you are a Black Southern Belle. For as long as I can remember, there were always women in my life making fun and unique crafts. If you want to learn more about the roots of crafting, these 5 Books About African American Artisans and Crafting are […]
Are you a Black Southern Belle who loves fashion and decor? Why not merge those two loves together and add some fashion inspired style to your home decor collection. To get you started, we are sharing a few of our favorite African American Fashion Books To Add to Your Collection. From vintage to modern, there is […]