Looking for somewhere to end the summer with a relaxing weekend trip or start off fall with romantic getaway? A Bed & Breakfast is your answer. We have curated a few of our favorites in the South and hope you add them to your travel list. These 6 Black Owned Bed & Breakfasts In the South are everything you dream of from southern hospitality.
1) Morehead Manor: Originally built for the CEO of Liggett and Meyers, this splendidly redecorated, 8,000 square-foot, Colonial Revival Style home is located within walking distance to the Downtown area, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) and historic Brightleaf Square. Morehead Manor is just moments away from Duke University, North Carolina Central University, Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, NC, RDU International Airport, and is easily accessible to both Interstates 85 and 40.
2) Clevedale Historic Inn: This 1913 Colonial home, accented with stately columns, spacious porches, and opulent fireplaces, offers an atmosphere of casual elegance to the common gathering areas as well as the guest rooms. The sun-kissed porches invite guests to unwind with a good book and a pot of tea or a refreshing pitcher of lemonade. With its crackling fire, the Foyer and Parlor are ideal places to chat with friends over a glass of vintage port.
3)The Painted Lady: Looking to explore Augusta, GA. Be sure to check out this beautiful inn right in the heart of the historic district. Enjoy southern hospitality in a charming home-like atmosphere.
4) Magnolia House: Magnolia House Inn is a tastefully restored Queen Anne Victorian inn located in the heart of Virginia’s historic Peninsula. It is the perfect base for exploring the entire Southeastern Virginia area. Its three large guest rooms are impeccably appointed and offer the height of luxury. You’ll enjoy the full breakfast and the personal concierge service.
5) The Hubbard Mansion: An elegant Greek revival home, features five guest rooms with suite combinations providing modern luxuries in the spirit of historic style and elegance. All rooms are furnished with period antiques and precious heirlooms. Don and the late Rose Hubbard built The Mansion over 15 years ago and modeled the facade after a Natchez, Mississippi Mansion, located on the Natchez Bluffs at the southern end of the Old Spanish Promenade Grounds overlooking the Mississippi River.
6) The Matriarch: Orangeburg’s most charming boutique inn is nestled in the heart of historic downtown Orangeburg, SC and along the SC National Heritage Corridor Trail, The Matriarch satisfies the need for a full service small to medium size venue featuring elegantly themed guest quarters and meeting rooms.
Summer is here and Girls Trips are in full swing. With that in mind, we have compiled 20 Favorite African American Girlfriend Getaways From the Past. There is nothing like getting together with your Black Southern Belle friends taking stylish pictures. These memories last a lifetime, so we decided to share a few of our favorite […]
Do you love wine and the South? We have the perfect road trip for you. Today we are featuring a few of our favorite Black Owned Wineries in the South. Whether you are a novice or a pro, these vineyards are the perfect place to get your wine fix and learn more about the South. […]
Summer in the South is not complete without a trip to the beach. Scenic views, marshland, and Spanish moss are the hallmark of a southern coast. We all have memories of oyster roasts, crabbing, sun bathing and warm waters with our family and today we are sharing some of our favorite African American Beach Portraits […]
Looking for somewhere to end the summer with a relaxing weekend trip or start off fall with romantic getaway? A Bed & Breakfast is your answer. We have curated a few of our favorites in the South and hope you add them to your travel list. These 6 Black Owned Bed & Breakfasts In the South […]
It’s summer time, the season for travel! Are you planning a trip this summer and trying to prepare? Black Southern Belle is here to help with 10 Items to Pack in Your Travel Bag. Whether you are traveling by plane, train, or car, a travel bag is very important for a successful trip. Your travel […]
Today we are featuring a tour of the beautiful Ace Hotel in New Orleans, LA. This beautifully styled hotel sits on the cusp of New Orleans’ downtown core, in the warehouse district at the corner of Carondelet and Lafayette streets.The hotel worked with interior design and longtime collaborators firm Roman & Williams to create Ace Hotel […]
Today we are featuring a Black Southern Belle mother-daughter duo who owns a seafood restaurant in Winston, Salem, NC. Virginia and Ashley Hardesty are the Black Southern Belles behind Forsyth Seafood in Winston-Salem, NC. Forsyth Seafood is a fresh to direct seafood market and cafe which has strong roots in Eastern North Carolina food traditions, with […]
Are you a Black Southern Belle looking for a beautiful beach getaway? Add Texas to that list of beach getaways and be pleasantly surprised this summer. Find tons of new scenery on the coast of Texas that is fun and a little closer to home. For years Texas has been branded by the infamous Cowboy […]
Looking to get married where the weather is always warm? Add Fort Myers and Sanibel Florida to your list. You can never go wrong with southern beach weddings. You can make them as traditional or modern as you like and you are guaranteed to have great seafood. Boca Grande Boca Grande, the heart of Gasparilla […]
Are you ready for a BSB summer vacation and lots of fun in the sun? Summer vacation can really put a dent in your funds. Whether your are planning a road trip to the cabin or a fancy island getaway, it all adds up. Don’t throw away your hard earned money, save it! With a […]