There is nothing better than celebrating with your family. One of the most special moments in a family is a children’s birthday party and even better when tea is involved, especially sweet tea. Today, with the help of Tiffany Douglas, Owner of Sunshine’s Photography, we are giving you Children’s Tea Party Inspiration and Tips on How to Plan a Child’s Party with a Photographer. Be sure to share images of your latest kid’s party with us on social media with the hashtag #blacksouthernbelle
Children’s Tea Party Inspiration – How to Plan a Child’s Party with a Photographer
- Research your photographer -If you are planning for your child’s 1st or 5th birthday photo shoot, be sure that you research photographers and find one that you admire and works really well with children. Not all photographers work well with children and at a young age, you definitely want to make sure your child is comfortable during the session because it definitely shows in the photos.
- Decide on a budget: Your budget controls whether you can hire a planner or if you will plan a DIY party.
- Decide on date, time, and location – Date /Time availability will depend on your photographer’s schedule. Photographers generally like to do sessions early in the morning or at dusk for the best lighting. But we know that does not always work well with everyone’s schedule. Younger children may need to have the session scheduled around their nap time. Be sure to communicate any time constraints with your photographer. Ask for location suggestions based on the look you’re going for. And scout the location ahead of time!
- If you have a theme or a certain color scheme, be sure to select outfits and props that will enhance your vision. From balloons to tutus, bow-ties and tiaras, there are so many options when it comes to selecting props or accessories for your session. But do remember that the session is not about props – it’s about the child or children. So sometimes less is more.Be sure to share all ideas with your photographer.
- Always have a Plan B. You have this perfect session planned out but there could always be road blocks (sick child, weather, location conflict, etc).
- This is the most important tip of all…. BE ON TIME!!!! I cannot stress enough how important this is! We all have busy schedules, so please please be respectable of your photographers’ time.
- Last but not least… HAVE FUN!
List of Vendors:
Location: Woodland Park
Design & Décor, Draping, Kids Chiavari Chairs, Linen: By Yours Truly Events and Design
Photography: Sunshine’s Photography
Models: Ainsley, Brielle, Eva
Signage & Stationery: Tiffany L. Douglas
Tea Party set: Home Goods
Dishware: Hobby Lobby
Custom Dresses: Chris Evans
Treats: Divine Party Planning
Hair Accessories: Claire’s & The Children’s Place
Tags : black southern belle, estate sales, Pieces of Time Estate Sales, south carolina black businesses, south carolina furniture, southern, southern belle, vintage, vintage accessories, vintage boutique, vintage furniture, vintage interior design, vivalavintage