There is nothing more important than spending time with your family, especially for a Black Southern Belle. We all have memories of eating dinner, going on vacation and laughing with our families. Today we are highlighting just that and have curated Vintage Images of African American Families We Love! Vintage Images of African American Families We […]
Whether you are a Black Southern Belle bride or just love hosting a formal party, calligraphy should be in your arsenal of party tools. If you are looking for inspiration on what to consider when choosing wedding calligraphy, we have the resource for you. Veteran Calligraphers, Laura Hooper and Alyssa hooper have released a Pinterest-worthy coffee table book Wedding Calligraphy (Skyhorse Publishing, May 2017) to help you on your calligraphy journey. As you plan your wedding these experts have given us the insight on Five Things to Consider When Choosing Wedding Calligraphy and check out their advice below:
– Style – you want to look for a calligraphy whose work is in like with the style you’d like to use in your own wedding. If you are sending a calligraphy examples of what you’d like her or him to emulate for your wedding, it’s great if you can pull screenshots from their own website or social media platforms so you know your styles line up.
– Budget – there are calligraphers available at a range of price points, but keep in mind that lower priced calligraphers are most likely less experienced which can mean slower turn-around times and lower quality work. Like all other wedding vendors, you will get what you pay for. This isn’t necessarily negative as everyone has different priorities for the various components of their wedding.
– Offerings – some calligraphers offer handwritten work only, while others offer handwritten, design & printing services. This more “full-service” calligraphy vendor will allow you to create a cohesive look throughout your wedding stationery. If a calligrapher you like does not offer full service design & printing, you can always ask if they offer their work digitally for other stationers to incorporate into your stationery suite, and then the calligrapher handles the handwritten aspects such as envelopes, escort cards, place cards, signage, etc.
– Location – while many calligraphers work with clients all around the world without issue, if you are more comfortable working with vendors that are local to you (for those last minute changes, perhaps!), be sure you visit a calligrapher’s website in the About You section. Just because they pop up in your Google search, doesn’t necessarily mean he or she is located in your area.
– Experience – years of experience working with wedding clients doesn’t just affect a calligrapher’s handwritten work quality. It also plays a role in the client experience in terms of ease of booking, clarity on terms & policies, shipping practices, turnaround time, availability for questions and more.
Do you love learning about history and also love southern food? We have the perfect list for you today. From Gullah food to whole hog BBQ, there are a number of cuisines to explore in the spectrum of soul food. My favorite soul food is influenced by church celebrations and today we are giving you […]
It is never to early to start planning for summer vacations and what better way to do that than through reading some great books. Today we are sharing Our Favorite Books on African American Beaches. If you love history and enjoy spending time on the water, these books are perfect for you. Take a trip through […]
Today we are featuring some of our favorite Images of Coretta Scott King. These images exude her classic grace and elegance as long as a little bit of her fun and playful side playing the roles of activist, wife, mom and more. She is the shining example of a Black Southern Belle and we are […]
What could be better than savoring the taste of Lowcountry cuisine from award-winning restaurants in Charleston? Enjoying them while enjoying a beautiful sunset over the Holy City, of course. With its warm climate and gorgeous sunsets over the Charleston Harbor, you couldn’t ask for a perfect place to wine, dine, and unwind. Here are the Top 10 […]
Today we are featuring a beautiful Kernersville, NC Wedding with Garden Style. This northern bride has decided to put her family and marriage roots in the South. Her beautiful garden-inspired wedding left us speechless and we are so honored to share the story of her nuptials. Take some time to get inspired with this beautiful garden […]
Spring is right around the corner and we can’t wait. There is nothing more fun than a garden party in the Spring, especially one planned by a Back Southern Belle. Today we are featuring a beautiful Pink and Green Inspired Dinner Party in Gainesville, GA and hope it gives you all the inspiration you need […]
Family reunion planning is in full swing a few months out before summer. Feeling a little overwhelmed as you get things started? We have some resources to make the process the easier and ultimately fun. To get you started with planning, we have curated Books on How to Plan Your African American Family Reunion. Whether it […]
Do you love crafting and DIY? Of course, you do, you are a Black Southern Belle. For as long as I can remember, there were always women in my life making fun and unique crafts. If you want to learn more about the roots of crafting, these 5 Books About African American Artisans and Crafting are […]
Are you a Black Southern Belle who loves fashion and decor? Why not merge those two loves together and add some fashion inspired style to your home decor collection. To get you started, we are sharing a few of our favorite African American Fashion Books To Add to Your Collection. From vintage to modern, there is […]