Hosting Guests Like a Bed & Breakfast – Georgia Black Owned Bed & Breakfast
Getting ready to host family and friends this summer and fall? We have some tips for showcasing some true southern hospitality. With tips form Stockbridge Lakes Bed & Breakfast, a Georgia Black Owned Bed & Breakfast, we are giving you insider tips for hosting like a bed & breakfast. The owners give us their go-to tips for hosting guests and they will be sure to impress your guests so much they might now want to leave.
Tips for Hosting Guests Like a Bed & Breakfast
1. Start the experience the minute they walk in the door, with a genuinely greeting inviting atmosphere. The experience at Stockbridge Lakes Bed and Breakfast starts the minute you step on the front porch.
2. Take extra care in the rooms, linen, pillows, and mattress. Remember a great night sleep makes for a wonderful day. Each of our rooms has a theme and special care has been taken to make the sleep experience a great one.
3. Give them really great food that they will remember. I find that offering foods with a rich history unique to the area, and add a flair tends to bring back memories and create new ones. We share traditional foods that the south is known for with a flair.
4. Share the local history, the food history too. If you purchase locally share that information. People love the idea of supporting the local economy.
5. Last but not least make their stay a restful and peaceful experience. Remembering the definition of vacation. Our grounds are peaceful whether you are sitting under the Gazebo by the lake, on the front porch in the rocking chair listening to the traffic go by or sitting on the deck enjoying a pitcher of our special passion fruit raspberry tea and the Georgia sunset.
Michiel is a Black Southern Belle living a lowcountry life. I love all things fashion, home decor and southern! When I am not running around doing fun stuff for Black Southern Belle, I live in antique stores and have a minor obsession with historic homes 🙂