If you are Texas belle looking for a perfect weekend getaway location. We have a treat for you today and the Hotel Ella is the perfect summer destination for a weekend getaway with your girls or your special person in your life. Initially built as a wedding gift for Miss Ella Newsome and her fiancé in 1897, Hotel Ella is a stylish boutique hotel housed in the historic Goodall Wooten House, one of Austin’s original landmark estates. This place oozes Austin charm and is definitely on our must visit list.
- The hotel’s background has deep ties to Texas history beginning in 1846, when the site’s land was first granted to Adam Maag by the state just one year after it was admitted to the union.
- Thomas Dudley Wooten, one of the founders of the University of Texas, later purchased the property to gift to his son and fiancé, Ella. (Hook ‘Em Horns!)
- Ella Wooten, the namesake and inspiration behind the luxury boutique hotel, introduced the first azalea bushes to Austin, 1,800 of which covered the property’s landscape at one time.
- The hotel has served as University of Texas student housing, Austin Recovery Center, and later the Mansion at Judges’ Hill hotel.
- Thanks to its rich history and ties to the university, Hotel Ella can be found on the National Register of Historic Places.
We adore this tufted couch. Such a beautiful room!
The view from this room is all you need, not to mention the beautiful drapery!
We could live in this bathroom the whole trip and would not complain one bit 🙂