Love history and travel? We are here to help with a fun list of historic sites to visit. With some help from The Green Book of South Carolina, we have curated 5 African American Historic Sites to See. The Green Book of South Carolina is the first mobile travel guide to African American cultural sites across […]
Sponsored content Besides all of the beautiful decor, family, food and fellowship, I have a terrible guilty pleasure during the holiday season and that is partaking in holiday movies. But not just holiday movies, holiday specials from cooking to music to home tours take up half of my day. My poor husband has become an expert in all things Christmas movie-related during the month of December and thanks to DIRECTV NOW it is even easier to watch my favorite holiday movies.
Never heard of DIRECTV NOW? Here is a quick rundown: DIRECTV NOW is a streaming, or over-the-top service, that offers up to 120+ live TV channels, premium programming options and access to more than 25,000 on demand show and movie titles.* No cable box, no satellite, no credit check or annual contract is required and you can cancel at any time. This service has allowed me to catch up on my favorite shows while on the road with my husband at the wheel. He is just thankful I am no longer making him sing Christmas Carols 🙂
*Requires subscription to top package and all premium channels.
Anything that makes watching Holiday TV easier, whether it is on my phone, on my tablet or desktop, I am all down for. If anyone knows me, they know I always have a movie playing while I am working. Thanks to DIRECTV NOW, this is much easier to do and I highly suggest you set up an account yourself or gift one to your best friend ASAP. What is more fun than watching holiday movies with your bestie!?
How To Start Holiday Movie Watching Right Now! Need more incentive to get started? Here are my starter tips:
1)Just create an account, select the package and premium channels you want, and start watching on a supported browser or device.
2)With DIRECTV NOW, you can stream simultaneously on up to two devices. If you cancel during the 7-day free trial period, you will not be charged for the plan selected. After 7 days, the service renews (min. $35/mo.) unless you cancel.*
3) DIRECTV NOW offers a wide selection of programming packages at a great entertainment value. Packages start at $35 / month – Live a Little (60+ channels), Just Right (80+ channels at $50), Go Big (100+ channels at $60) and Gotta Have it (120+ channels at $70).
4)Take advantage of these offers this holiday season:
- Roku Streaming Stick: Free for new customers that prepay for just 1 month of DIRECTV NOW (min. $35/mo.).**
- Birthday credit: In celebration of DIRECTV NOW’s first birthday, new customers can get $25 off their first month of service for any package using the “BDAY2017” promo code.***Service auto-renews after 1 month (min. $35/mo.) unless canceled.
* Not combinable with other offers. New subscribers only. Restrictions apply.
**New DIRECTV NOW subscribers only. No refunds. Service renews monthly until canceled. Restrictions apply. Details at directvnow.com.
*** No refunds. Restrictions apply. See www.directvnow.com for details.
5) Reasons You Can’t Pass Up This Service and Why My Husband Downloaded It To Every Device As Soon As He Got Home:
- DIRECTV NOW set out to bring TV lovers a new way to experience their favorite shows virtually anywhere at a great price.
- This is rules-free TV for anyone in the U.S. who wants to stream shows and movies anytime, anywhere.
- Within minutes, you have the power to stream content over a U.S. internet connection on a variety of devices. No set-top-boxes, satellite dishes, annual contracts or credit checks required.
Now that you have your account set up, here are some holiday movie watching essentials that everyone must have:
- Comfy Couch: These are perfect for snuggles and lots of fun! And if you are watching with your significant other it is always fun to have a little fight over how much of the couch you are taking up (I usually take more than my fair share on purpose 🙂
- Holiday Decor: You can never go wrong with inspiration for movie time with a little holiday décor, and if you are a Black Southern Belle, you will have plenty of decor and plenty of movies. In fact, the more movies you watch, the more decor you will add. At least that is what I tell myself to justify it all 🙂
- Wine: You can say this one three times to make sure everyone in your holiday watching party hears you loud and clear. Wine makes all holiday movies that much better, especially when the main characters finally live happily ever after in their small town on Christmas eve.
- Pillows: If you are a Black Southern Belle, your job is to buy as many decorative pillows as possible. Whether you are using holiday-inspired ones or just a few of your favorites, inviting your favorite pillows is a must. Here is one of my favorites:
You have what you need to get your holiday movie fun going through the New Year. With my list of essentials and your brand-new DIRECTV NOW account, be prepared to not leave your home for a while. If your friends start to miss you, gift them their own account or invite them over for some holiday fun because as always, the more the merrier! Happy holidays!
DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored blog post and I was compensated by AT&T. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Images by Mercede B Photography
Are you a new mom or buying a gift for a new mom? We have the perfect list for you. One of the best gifts you can give a baby is time and especially while you are reading. If you need some help beefing up your children’s library, today we are featuring 10 African American […]
There is nothing more important than spending time with your family, especially for a Black Southern Belle. We all have memories of eating dinner, going on vacation and laughing with our families. Today we are highlighting just that and have curated Vintage Images of African American Families We Love! Vintage Images of African American Families We […]
Do you love learning about history and also love southern food? We have the perfect list for you today. From Gullah food to whole hog BBQ, there are a number of cuisines to explore in the spectrum of soul food. My favorite soul food is influenced by church celebrations and today we are giving you […]
It is never to early to start planning for summer vacations and what better way to do that than through reading some great books. Today we are sharing Our Favorite Books on African American Beaches. If you love history and enjoy spending time on the water, these books are perfect for you. Take a trip through […]
Today we are featuring some of our favorite Images of Coretta Scott King. These images exude her classic grace and elegance as long as a little bit of her fun and playful side playing the roles of activist, wife, mom and more. She is the shining example of a Black Southern Belle and we are […]
What could be better than savoring the taste of Lowcountry cuisine from award-winning restaurants in Charleston? Enjoying them while enjoying a beautiful sunset over the Holy City, of course. With its warm climate and gorgeous sunsets over the Charleston Harbor, you couldn’t ask for a perfect place to wine, dine, and unwind. Here are the Top 10 […]
Today we are featuring a beautiful Kernersville, NC Wedding with Garden Style. This northern bride has decided to put her family and marriage roots in the South. Her beautiful garden-inspired wedding left us speechless and we are so honored to share the story of her nuptials. Take some time to get inspired with this beautiful garden […]
Spring is right around the corner and we can’t wait. There is nothing more fun than a garden party in the Spring, especially one planned by a Back Southern Belle. Today we are featuring a beautiful Pink and Green Inspired Dinner Party in Gainesville, GA and hope it gives you all the inspiration you need […]
Family reunion planning is in full swing a few months out before summer. Feeling a little overwhelmed as you get things started? We have some resources to make the process the easier and ultimately fun. To get you started with planning, we have curated Books on How to Plan Your African American Family Reunion. Whether it […]