Summer is in full gear and it is time to start getting homes ready for fall and holiday season. One way to transform your home without a full renovation is by adding wallpaper. Today we have tips on how to How to Add Wallpaper to Your Room with Inspiration from Novogratz
Get the inspiration you need below and be sure to share images of wallpaper in your home using the hashtag #blacksouthernbelle
How to Add Wallpaper to Your Room with Inspiration from Novogratz
1. Using a level, mark a vertical guide down the length of surface.
2. Place your roll on a soft surface, such as a bath mat or towel, at the bottom edge of starting point.
3. Pull paper up from roll to meet the top edge of surface.
4. Peel back 3-4 ft. of the backing.
5. Begin at the top edge aligning paper with your vertical guide to ensure a straight application.
6. Use a squeegee to smooth paper to surface working from the center out. Tempaper can be repositioned as needed to ensure pattern alignment and to eliminate bubbling.
7. Continue in 3-4 foot increments peeling and smoothing until you reach the bottom edge of your surface allowing paper to overhang by 2-3 inches and cut paper from roll.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 making sure to align pattern with each consecutive panel until the surface has been fully covered.
9. Trim where needed with a craft knife to complete your application.
If you find the weight of the roll or the backing paper bothersome during application, each section can be carefully cut as you work making sure to leave enough paper to finish application.
You may need to move consecutive panels higher than the previous to align pattern. When doing so, cut excess paper from top before you begin application.