There is nothing better than brunch in the South. I have such wonderful and cherished memories of Sunday Brunch after Easter service and hanging out with my family on my grandfather’s property in the woods for Sunday brunch. I must admit those brunches were not the healthiest, so I figured I would find a way to keep this tradition while maintaining healthy eating habits. In partnership with GOLO, I curated a traditional Lowcountry Sunday brunch with some healthy spins on a few of my brunch favorites. Here are some tips for hosting a Lowcountry brunch and some wonderful GOLO approved recipes to help you on your journey to health.
Everyone loves a gift at a party and what is more southern than giving unique party favors. Use a unique container and confetti to add some style to your party favors. I used one of my favorite glass vases and added white confetti and tangerines to match the theme of the party. I then placed my GOLO Release supplements for my guests to try with their meals.
Image Caption: GOLO’s team of doctors, researchers, pharmacists and formulators have spent over 9 years developing Release, an all-natural plant-based nutraceutical designed to balance hormones, increase metabolic efficiency, help combat Insulin Resistance and metabolic dysfunction. Release is designed to be used in conjunction with the GOLO Metabolic Plan for maximum results.
This table setting was one of my favorites. Comprised of vintage, modern and traditional pieces It is definitely one I plan on replicating for another brunch. I love mixing fabrics, textures, and hardware finishes. A great way to anchor any table setting is with a bold placemat and this coastal-inspired neutral placement is a great starting point.
Can’t go wrong with a beautiful centerpiece. No need to spend all day cutting flowers, just pick up some greenery or even green veggies from your garden and add your favorite summer gruits to a few of your favorite vases.
A traditional drink bar is always a fun way to add style and experience for your guests, especially during the warm summer months. Be sure to incorporate fruits, chia seeds and other healthy drink mixers for your guests to explore. I also added the GOLO green smoothie as a fun option.
Stationery is a big deal in the South and one of my obsessions. I have a huge collection and buy pieces almost weekly, to my husband’s dismay. I created a custom menu card for this dinner party that is a perfect way for guests to know what they are eating and also a fun Instagram image for a brunch with your girls. Writing out your menu also encourages you to think about the food you are eating and think about making a balanced and healthy menu.
What brunch is complete without great food. With the help of the GOLO Metabolic Plan, I was able to curate a menu of classic brunch staples that were healthy for me and my favorite. Here are a few of the favorites I added to my southern brunch menu below.
GOLO Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 Servings
1 Cup, plus 1 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Rolled Oats
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Sea Salt
2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
3 Tbsp Honey ¼ Cup Whole Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use Organic Cooking Spray to coat a 12 count muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1 Cup Flour, Oats, Baking Powder and Salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together Eggs, Yogurt, Honey, Milk and Vanilla.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined.
5. Coat Blueberries with 1 Tbsp Flour and then fold into the Muffin batter.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the Muffin cups (be sure to fill to the top).
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow Muffins to cool before removing them from the pan.
Makes: 1 Servings
• 1 cup romaine lettuce
• 1⁄2 cup chopped tomatoes
• 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumbers
• 1 hardboiled egg
• 2 oz cheese
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and top with your choice of dressing.
GOLO Waldorf Chicken Salad
Makes 3 Servings
• 12oz Chicken, cooked & diced or shredded
• 1⁄2 Cup Walnuts, chopped
• 1⁄2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
• 1⁄2 Cup Green Apples, diced
• 1 Cup Red Grapes, quartered
• 1⁄2 Cup Red Onion, chopped
• Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl, mix until well combined.
2. Serving options:
a) Over top a salad
b) With lettuce wraps
Green GOLO Smoothie Serving Size:
1 ½ Cup Coconut Water
1 ½ Cup Spinach
½ Cup Banana
½ Cup Pineapple
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Tsp Fresh Ginger
1) Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Add Ice till desired consistency
(ReSet 7 approved, Gluten Free, Vegan)
Servings per recipe:
1½ Cups Avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
½ Lime, juiced
½ tsp Sea Salt
¼ Cup Onion, diced
¼ Cup Corn, thawed
1 ½ Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 Cup Roma Tomatoes, diced
½ tsp Garlic, minced • 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper to taste Directions 1. In a bowl, mash together Avocados, Lime Juice and Salt. 2. Mix in the Onion, Corn, Tomatoes, Garlic and Cayenne Pepper. 3. Refrigerate for 1 hour for best flavor.
GOLO Chicken Patties
Lunch or Dinner
Makes 5 Servings Ingredients
1 lb. Ground Chicken
1 Cup Ripe Avocado, cut into chunks
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
½ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
1. In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients and shape into 5 equal Patties.
2. Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the Patties have been cooked through. Suggestions: Wrap the Patties in a large Lettuce Leaf with a slice of Tomato. Add some Cheese and wrap in a Whole Wheat Tortilla.
***This post was sponsored by GOLO. All opinions and reviews are mine.***