The holiday season is here and I can hardly contain myself. From the decor, food, and family, it is most definitely my favorite time of year. As a new mom, I am learning to find a balance between work, baby, husband, and friends. Although I can’t get out of the house much, I do love to entertain at home and with a baby and a busy life, it’s sometimes the only way I can see my friends. And what better way to connect with your friends over the holidays than over wine? I know what makes it better, desserts! Especially chocolate … and lots of it. I have partnered with Colgate® to create a Holiday Inspired Wine Mixer that is a perfect way to start off your holiday season with your besties before your schedule gets filled with work events, family functions and all the craziness that life throws at you.
How to Host a Holiday Wine Mixer with Party Favors
- Wine: Every holiday party needs great wine. If you are looking to impress your guests, check out your local vineyard or gourmet grocery store to find a few unique bottles of wine to discuss with your friends and don’t be afraid to create a holiday-inspired sangria with the leftovers!
- Tablescape: Looking for a way to impress your guests? Adding unique dishware and placemats is always a crowd pleaser. Don’t be afraid to mix modern and traditional styles or even use a different setting for each chair. Even your wine can be a part of the decor. I paired a holiday gift tag to add a pop of gold to my table decor.
- Holiday Ornaments: Do you need another reason to decorate your home for the holidays? Holiday mixer is the perfect excuse for putting out your holiday decor a few weeks early. Instead of a traditional floral arrangement, try using unique items such as serving bowls or champagne buckets to store ornaments in a fun and easy way while creating a stylish tablescape.
- Party Favors: Who doesn’t love great party favors? Party favors that include desserts, holiday décor, unique container or jewelry dish. Even giving friends a practical gift like Colgate® Optic White® is always appreciated so that they can get rid of their stains after a whole night of drinking red wine and eating chocolates. These party favors are a great way to celebrate your friends. If your friends love their alma mater or sorority, customize your favors to their favorite colors, whether they are pink and green or crimson and cream.
- Mantel Fun: If you have a fireplace in your home, it is a great place to anchor your holiday mixer. Don’t be afraid to move your furniture to the room with the mantel to create a unique space that will make your house feel like a unique party experience. If you live somewhere cold, it is a perfect place to stay warm and if you live in the South like me, you can certainly dress it up with fake snow to get the same effect without the frostbite. For a unique decorative piece, you can use empty wine gift boxes for a quick and easy mantel display that you can ask your guests to bring or give to them to take a bottle home.
Be sure to share images of your Holiday Wine Mixer with us on social media using the hashtag #blacksouthernbelle
***This post is sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive Company. All opinions are my own***