Howard Homecoming is just around the around. Although I won’t be able to attend this year, I will be there in spirit by hosting a Tailgating and Dinner party at my home. If you are missing out on Howard University Tailgating this year, get some inspiration from our Howard University Tailgating and Dinner Party Inspiration Video. We are also sharing a few of our favorite facts about my alma mater below. Happy Homecoming!
Howard University Tailgating and Dinner Party Inspiration
- Invitations are Key: Make sure to invite some of your favorite Howard alumni and rivals. What is a dinner party without a little trashtalk?
- Signature Cocktails: Nothing like drinks to make up for missing homecoming, an HU inspired cocktail is a perfect addition to your party.
- Color Theme: Be sure to incorporate your Bison pride with the school colors through the table decor and even online invitations.
- Dress Code: Asks your guests to show their school pride by wearing their school colors or a school shirt in their attire for the evening. Make it fun by doing a best-dressed contest with a bottle of wine going to the most stylish attendee.
- Customize and Brag: Print off custom stickers representing Howard and add them to your napkins or drinkware for the evening, these custom itemswill be a perfect Instagram moment for your guests and add to your homecoming vibe.
- Create a Hashtag Sign: You may be missing tailgate but you can join in through social media. Make it easy for your guests to use the right hashtag with a sign near the bar.
Here are a few more reasons to brag about Howard University with our Notable Howard University Alumni including:
- Stokely Carmichael – Civil Rights
- Ossie Davis – Actor
- Toni Morrison – Author
- Thurgood Marshall – Judge
- Kamala Harris – Politics
- Taraji P. Henson – Actress
- Josephine Turpin Washington – Educator
- Kasim Reed – Mayor of Atlanta
- Gus Johnson – Broadcaster
- Debbie Allen – Dancer