Howard Homecoming is just around the around. Although I won’t be able to attend this year, I will be there in spirit by hosting a Tailgating and Dinner party at my home. If you are missing out onA�Howard University Tailgating this year, get some inspiration from ourA�Howard University Tailgating and Dinner Party Inspiration Video. We are also sharing a few of our favorite facts about my alma mater below. Happy Homecoming!
Howard University Tailgating and Dinner Party Inspiration
- Invitations are Key: Make sure to invite some of your favorite Howard alumni and rivals. What is a dinner party without a little trashtalk?
- SignatureA�Cocktails: Nothing like drinks to make up for missing homecoming, an HU inspired cocktail is a perfect addition to your party.
- Color Theme: Be sure to incorporate your Bison pride with the school colors through the table decor and even online invitations.
- Dress Code: Asks your guests to show their school pride by wearing their school colors or a school shirt in their attire for the evening. Make it fun by doing a best-dressed contest with a bottle of wine going to the most stylish attendee.
- Customize and Brag: Print off custom stickers representing Howard and add them to your napkins or drinkware for the evening, theseA� custom itemswill be a perfect Instagram moment for your guests and add to your homecoming vibe.
- Create a Hashtag Sign: You may be missing tailgate but you can join in through social media. Make it easy for your guests to use the right hashtag with a sign near the bar.
Here are a few more reasons to brag about Howard University with our Notable Howard University Alumni including:
- Stokely Carmichael a�� Civil Rights
- Ossie Davis a�� Actor
- Toni Morrison a�� Author
- Thurgood Marshall a�� Judge
- Kamala Harris a�� Politics
- Taraji P. Henson a�� Actress
- Josephine Turpin Washington a�� Educator
- Kasim Reed a�� Mayor of Atlanta
- Gus Johnson a�� Broadcaster
- Debbie Allen a�� Dancer