There was a time when barn and elegant would not be uttered in the same sentence. But that time is no more. This Jackson, Tennessee wedding is a gorgeous example of bridal barn bliss! Below t Ashley, the bride behind all of this barn house glam, shares tips on having your wedding at a similar venue.
- If your heart is set on a barn wedding, I would suggest having your wedding at an actual barn venue. These barns have the “modern day” convinces such as electric, indoor plumbing, central air, paved parking lots, etc. If you are having a real barn wedding, these are some of the items you will have to bring in with generators, port-a-potties, fans and more. The cost of your simple barn wedding can skyrocket if you chose to go this route.
- Along with any outdoor event, always have a Plan B for inclement weather. Think about other weather factors besides rain. Wind or heat can play a factor into your decision for an outdoor barn wedding. Uncomfortably hot wedding guests or flying wedding decor can put a damper on your big day.
- A barn wedding doesn’t have to be rustic. Just because you get married in a barn doesn’t mean your guests have to sit on hay bales. Your choice of colors, linens and overall design can still give you the glamour of a wedding day.
- This is a not so glamorous tip, but be considerate of outdoor issues like bugs. To make your guests feel as comfortable as possible, have bathroom baskets with items such as bug spray, itch relief cream and even sunblock.
- Set aside some money for the “extras.” Draping and lighting of a barn venue can really elevate the space from Country Chic to Full on Elegant Affair.