I grew up in the lowcountry which means seafood is king in my culinary world and I also love carbs, especially biscuits. When you mix the two together, you have a little piece of southern seafood perfection, better known as a Crab Cake Biscuit. If you are feeling inspired to try out this dish, we have you covered thanks to Callie’s Hot Little BiscuitA�A�They have shared the secret to the perfect Crab Cake Biscuit and we can’t wait to try and of course if you are too busy or prefer to make a date of it, you can always head to their shops in Charleston and Atlanta
Calliea��s Hot Little Biscuit Crab Cake Biscuit A�
2 lbs crab (1 jumbo lump a�� 1 back fin)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 – 3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup panko
2 tbsp dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
A?-1/2 cup finely chopped chives A�
A?-1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
4 dashes of cayenne pepper
8 dashes of Tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup panko seasoned with salt and pepper (to coat the crab cakes before baking)
Lemon Basil Mayonnaise Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 1/4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Pick through the crab VERY carefully for pieces of shell.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, light tossing – do not over mix.
- Scoop about A? cup of the mixture into your hands and lightly form into a cake. A�
- Lightly roll in A? cup of the seasoned panko to coat. A�A�
- Lay each crab cake on a parchment lined A? sheet tray. A�Laying another sheet of parchment on top of the first layer and starting a second layer, if necessary.
- Wrap tightly with saran wrap, top with foil, label, date and place in the fridge if serving the next day or the freezer if making more than 1 day in advance.
- For the lemon basil mayonnaise, mix all the ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste. Double or triple if necessary.
- Make sure the crab cakes are fully thawed and coated well in panko before baking. A�A�
- Bake the crab cakes in the baking oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes on each side. A�Making sure that each side browns well.
- Remove from the baking oven and place in the warming oven.
- To serve: Place a little lemon basil mayo on each side of the biscuit and place the crab cake on the biscuit. A�A�Place the arugula on top of the crab cake.
- Butter the top of the biscuit and serve.
Calliea��s Hot Little Biscuit Locations:
476 A? King Street, Charleston, SC
Charleston City Market, 188 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC
1004 Virginia Ave NE, Atlanta, GA0