Are you looking to add decor to your home and are also an HBCU alum or supporter? These pieces we have curated are the perfect addition to your art collection. Check out some of our favorite HBCU Colleges In Fine Art: Pieces of HBCU Art To Adore. We promise you won’t be able to stop admiring […]
Marching bands, great athletics, school spirit out of this world, tailgating and amazing dancers are just some of the aspects that make the HBCU homecoming experience one of a kind. It is the time of year where you get to wear hoodies and varsity jackets representing your school and you get to learn your university’s history in depth with daily events and activities during the week of homecoming. Not to mention, you meet some of the many great notable alumni from your HBCU and the Greeks from the divine nine [of course] stomp holes in the yard! Besides your own HBCU homecoming, these are ten southern HBCU homecomings that you should consider attending.
1. A�South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, SC is home of award winning, Marching 101 and their poppingA�Champagne Dancers. Attending their homecoming events, from their parade up to their concerts, step show, and football game (where every participant from football, band, and spirit teams are winners) is such a great experience. The big portion of local alumni make this homecoming family friendly and students from about all of the schools in South Carolina come celebrate with the Bulldogs at SC State!
2. Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL will most definitely provide you with the Turkey Day Classic you are looking for. If you don’t know what the buzz is about, visit the Almighty ASU and feel A�the Hornets’ sting!
3. Florida A&M University all the way down atA�the tip of the state [Tallahassee], is home of word famous, Marching 100. Of course, their football team in outstanding, so are their concerts, but people will travel miles away just to sit in the stadium and hear the melodies of Marching 100 and see the Diamond Dancers dazzle!
4. Winston-Salem State University of Winston- Salem, NC has one of the greatest homecoming experiences ever. From having world renowned artists and comedians perform, to their great Greeks, and what can be considered some of the greatest HBCU cheer squads ever, you should really go rumble with the Rams!
5. Clark Atlanta University in the “capital of the South” is sure to show you a good time during homecoming. I am pretty sure you are aware of all of the hot celebs that come straight out of the “dirty dirty,” and you know performers show plenty of love to their hometowns, which is why you should really attend a Clark Atlanta homecoming, other than the great athletics, food, and school spirit.
6.A�Southern University at A�Baton Rouge can give you a lifetime homecoming experience with the true Dancing Dolls! This homecoming game alone will keep you hype the entire time, so just imagine all of the other festivities that this beautiful school has to offer in this interesting city.
7. Texas Southern University’s homecoming is really one for the books. These homecomings do things a little differently from other HBCU homecomings, such as bowl-a-thons and a golf tournament. If you want classic HBCU homecoming with a twist, this would be a perfect option for you.
8. North Carolina A&T University of Greensboro, NC is known as “the greatest homecoming on earth.” If you go to an HBCU, your school pride will definitely make you beg to differ about it being “the greatest homecoming on earth,” but let’s be real… you and I both know for a fact that it is indeed pretty close. Join the Aggie’s and never miss a beat!
9.A�Virginia State University has homecomings that are sure to entertain you the entire time you are there, whether you go visit the Monday during the week of homecoming, or the actually homecoming day, the Trojans will have your mind blown with all of their plenty activities.
10. Tennessee State University is open to you and your family help them “celebrate a legacy of pride and progress” with another of the best marching bands in the world. Join the Tigers and roar with pride during open season!
Looking for a summer or fall road trip destination? What better place to explore than a museum. Today we are featuring African American Museums in the South. These museums are the perfect destination for family-friendly fun and their gift shops are the perfect spots to pick up hostess gifts and home decor. Be sure to share […]
Living in the South, great food and family are the of the utmost importance. Today we are highlighting Andra Hall, the owner, and creative force behind CamiCakes, LLC. CamiCakes is a chain of gourmet cupcake boutiques which originated in Jacksonville, FL. In 2013, Andra extended the brand to incorporate ice cream and formed CamiCakes Creamery. CamiCakes […]
Summer is in full swing and is time for hosting and entertaining in the South. Are you looking to add some fun style to your summer wardrobe? We have you covered today with Tips to Styling for Summer from Fashion Expert, Adrienne Nixon. This stylish Black Southern Belle is a Fashion Designer and a mother of […]
We love weddings here at Black Southern Belle and today we are honored to showcase one of the South’s newest and Black Owned Wedding Venues, Muse at the Mill. This historic mill in Winston-Salem is a must-see for any bride planning a Southern wedding. Founded by husband and wife duo, Maliquea and D’Andre’ Starnes, Muse at the […]
Today we are featuring a design tour New Orlean’s newest boutique hotel, The Moor, owned by two Howard University, Marcus Carey and Damon Lawrence. This beautifully designed hotel, is one of a series of ventures started by the parent company, Homage. This beautifully designed space was created by founder, Damon Lawrence along with his mother […]
The family is so important in the South. From Sunday dinners to weddings, we can’t wait to host family for a celebration and to make cherished memories. Today we are featuring a beautiful Coastal Florida Family Roots Photoshoot. This gorgeous family has strong HBCU and Florida ties and we are excited to share their beautiful photos. If […]
World Chocolate Day is tomorrow and there is no reason you can’t indulge even if you are on a diet. Today we have some World Chocolate Day – Healthy Chocolate Options courtesy of the nutritionists at the leading training and nutrition app, Freeletics. These recipes are exactly what you need to indulge your sweet tooth without the guilt. […]
Looking to add something sweet and unique to your next big occasion? We are here to help, With some assistance from dessert experts at The Daily, a Charleston, SC-based neighborhood marketplace, we are giving you tips you need. Today we are sharing Cakes for Every Occasion Curated by the Daily. Check out some of these unique flavors […]
Only a short two-hour drive from my home in Walterboro is a city full of African American history, beautiful architecture, great food and a riverfront view. All of these characteristics is what makes, Augusta, GA one of my favorite cities to do a weekend getaway or day trip. Whether it is antique store shopping or […]