Are you planning a summer dinner party? We are here to help you today with tips from the styling and event planning duo at Sassy La Mode.
This Florida based duo specializes in planning events and know exactly how to plan a Black Southern Belle inspired dinner party. If you have a love modern style and greenery with classic southern bases, be sure to read this article.
Here are the 10 tips you need to decorate your summer dinner party from Sassy La Mode.
1. It’s all in the details! Come up with a solid palette or theme first. Look for unique decor, vases, and dishes to bring your vision to life and showcase your style
2. Theme: If you pick a theme, stay consistent in your theme it will add to your overall look.
3. Add depth: You can add to the beauty of your table by using varied heights and sizes, to create depth, whether it’s in your choice of candleholders, vases or cake stands.
4. Choose a statement piece: Pick large or standout blooms (always a great statement!) or a unique centerpiece, give your table a special focus.
5. Mix up materials: Combine different textures with your linens, tableware and glassware this will keep the look of your tablescape modern and fresh
6. Change up your flatware: While silverware is the classic choice for most table settings, switching up your flatware can make a big impact. We love mixed metal flatware, copper, gold or matte black for an edgier look or consider mixing vintage flatware with modern tableware.
7. Greenery: At SASSY A LA MODE we love grasses, leaves and ferns. You can set off your floral arrangements by swapping in a gorgeous eucalyptus table runner in place of a linen runner.
8. Add a pop of color! Décor props, stationary, or flowers are a great opportunity to add some bold color
9. Personalize place settings! Your guests will love to sit down for their meal and find their own name on the place setting.
10. Make it your own: If the theme you have for your tablescape has been done before, find a few elements you can incorporate to make the look unique and personal to you.