Growing up as a Black Southern Belle, we all have memories attending church with our friends and family. There is something special about attending your hometown family church and seeing everyone you know in one room. Today we are showing 12 Pieces of African American Church Art that show just that. These pieces send us back in time and would look great in any room of your home. So if you are decorating or just want to head down memory lane, check out our 12 Pieces of African American Church Art We Love!
1)We adore this piece by Jonathan Green. Nothing like the beautiful colors and sundresses. Perfect for a colorful piece to add to your office.
2) This piece is a depiction of a baptism in the river. A great addition to any living room or guestroom.
3) This piece from John Jones is a perfect display of getting dressed up to attend church and walking in with your mom on Sunday, with pearls and all.
4) This is a classic piece of church fellowship outside of the sanctuary. There are so many memories of gathering before and after service outside of the Church.
5) This beautiful piece from Jonathan Green is a display of classic church style, gloves, pearls and hats included.
6) There is a special place in our hearts for small churches in the South and this piece depicts that image perfectly.
7) This is another bold piece displaying a Baptism that we love and would love beautiful in a formal sitting area.
8) This piece from John Jones is bold and full of color. It has so much movement and character and would be a great addition to bedroom or library room.
9) This image of a small southern church is gorgeous and we love seeing the image of the children hanging outside on a warm day. So many memories that we can all relate to here.
10) This piece is perfect for anyone loves yellow. It would look beautiful as a display in a powder room or breakfast room.
11) This image is and honest depiction of first Sunday at Church. We love seeing the all white outfits paired with beautiful white hats and gloves.
12) Sometimes we couldn’t didn’t want to get out of bed and our grandmother had to give us a little push. This is a fun image to remind us of the times we spent going to church with our grandparents.
12) Thunderstorms happen all the time in the South but they don’t stop the show. This image displays a baptism taking place during a thunder storm and would look great display in a bedroom or office.
We love showcasing and sharing Black Southern Belle history and supporting African American Veterans any way we can. Today we are doing just that. Of the almost 20,000 Montford Point Marines, we only know the names of about 1200 of them, and only 300 of those are still alive, and we are losing them rapidly. That’s […]
When decorating your beautiful southern home, the last room you think needs to bright and beautiful is the laundry room. But why not? If you’re anything like me, you spend a lot of time in your laundry room. Take the time to (re)decorate your laundry area and create your own personal and peaceful space. Feel […]
Before you went/go shopping for that gorgeous new dress for prom, what do you do first? Get inspired from other fabulous BSBs of course! This prom season be unique and get inspired by the past. Vintage fashion paved the way for the newest 2017 designs. Get ahead of the trends or create your own. Black […]
We love showcasing Black Southern Belle entrepreneurs and today’s NOLA native is one of our favorites. Johnetra Bailey was first on our site showing her HBCU inspired engagement shoot and today we show how shes followers southern creative dreams. From beauty to fashion, this Black Southern Belle is always proud of her southern roots and […]
Do you love southern fashion and a beautifully crafted sleeve? We have found the right Richmond, TX Fashion Blogger for you. Today we are featuring a Richmond, TX Native who loves all thing style and Texas. This Tulane Law grad uses her blog to showcase her unique style and we adore it. Check out the […]
Family is a big deal in the South and southern mom’s like to keep them looking good. Today we are featuring a Stylish Greensboro, NC Family. The Lawerence family of Greensboro, NC shared with us their beautiful family photo session. If you are looking for some family inspired style inspiration. Get to know this fun family […]
We love a great outdoor engagement here at Black Southern Belle. Today we are featuring a beautiful Atlanta, GA Outdoor Engagement Shoot, which a Georgia-Bred Couple. This adorable southern couple had a beautifully natural engagement shoot that stole our hearts. Learn more about this fun couple and enjoy the images from their beautiful Atlanta, GA Outdoor Engagement […]
Between 1915 and 1960, the period known as the Great Migration, Black Southerners packed up their belongings and made their way to the Northern cities to flee Jim Crow and for more economic opportunities. The glamour of the bright lights and the allure of economic opportunities and a chance to be exposed to what the […]
Love modern art with a southern twist? Today we have some inspiration from Sarah Miller, Owner of recently launched Canvas Charleston. If you are in the market for art be sure to check out these 5 Modern Southern Artists to Add to Your Home curated by Sarah Miller. Artwork by Jennifer Lashbrook– From Texas I am a sucker […]
Today we are featuring a beautiful guest post from designer Mona King, founder of Mona King + Associates. This Winston-Salem, NC based designer loves all things design and nature. She is here to give you Tips for Design Inspired by Nature As a designer I am constantly being inspired, learning, admiring and creating ideas that […]