Are you looking to add decor to your home and are also an HBCU alum or supporter? These pieces we have curated are the perfect addition to your art collection. Check out some of our favorite HBCU Colleges In Fine Art: Pieces of HBCU Art To Adore. We promise you won’t be able to stop admiring […]
Growing up as a Black Southern Belle, we all have memories attending church with our friends and family. There is something special about attending your hometown family church and seeing everyone you know in one room. Today we are showingA�12 Pieces of African American Church Art that show just that. These pieces send us back in time and would look great in any room of your home. So if you are decorating or just want to head down memory lane, check out ourA�12 Pieces of African American Church Art We Love!
1)We adore this piece by Jonathan Green. Nothing like the beautiful colors and sundresses. Perfect for a colorful piece to add to your office.
2) This piece is a depiction of a baptism in the river. A great addition to any living room or guestroom.
3) This piece from John Jones is a perfect display of getting dressed up to attend church and walking in with your mom on Sunday, with pearls and all.
4) This is a classic piece of church fellowship outside of the sanctuary. There are so many memories of gathering before and after service outside of the Church.
5) This beautiful piece from Jonathan Green is a display of classic church style, gloves, pearls and hats included.
6) There is a special place in our hearts for small churches in the South and this piece depicts that image perfectly.
7) This is another bold piece displaying a Baptism that we love and would love beautiful in a formal sitting area.
8) This piece from John Jones is bold and full of color. It has so much movement and character and would be a great addition to bedroom or library room.
9) This image of a small southern church is gorgeous and we love seeing the image of the children hanging outside on a warm day. So many memories that we can all relate to here.
10) This piece is perfect for anyone loves yellow. It would look beautiful as a display in a powder room or breakfast room.
11) This image is and honest depiction of first Sunday at Church. We love seeing the all white outfits paired with beautiful white hats and gloves.
12) Sometimes we couldn’t didn’tA�want to get out of bed and our grandmother had to give us a little push. This is a fun image to remind us of the times we spent going to church with our grandparents.
12) Thunderstorms happen all the time in the South but they don’t stop the show. This image displays a baptism taking place during a thunder storm and would look great display in a bedroom or office.
Looking for a summer or fall road trip destination? What better place to explore than a museum. Today we are featuring African American Museums in the South. These museums are the perfect destination for family-friendly fun and their gift shops are the perfect spots to pick up hostess gifts and home decor. Be sure to share […]
Living in the South, great food and family are the of the utmost importance. Today we are highlighting Andra Hall, the owner, and creative force behind CamiCakes, LLC. CamiCakes is a chain of gourmet cupcake boutiques which originated in Jacksonville, FL. In 2013, Andra extended the brand to incorporate ice cream and formed CamiCakes Creamery. CamiCakes […]
Summer is in full swing and is time for hosting and entertaining in the South. Are you looking to add some fun style to your summer wardrobe? We have you covered today with Tips to Styling for Summer from Fashion Expert, Adrienne Nixon. This stylish Black Southern Belle is a Fashion Designer and a mother of […]
We love weddings here at Black Southern Belle and today we are honored to showcase one of the South’s newest and Black Owned Wedding Venues, Muse at the Mill. This historic mill in Winston-Salem is a must-see for any bride planning a Southern wedding. Founded by husband and wife duo, Maliquea and D’Andre’ Starnes, Muse at the […]
Today we are featuring a design tour New Orlean’s newest boutique hotel, The Moor, owned by two Howard University, Marcus Carey and Damon Lawrence. This beautifully designed hotel, is one of a series of ventures started by the parent company, Homage. This beautifully designed space was created by founder, Damon Lawrence along with his mother […]
The family is so important in the South. From Sunday dinners to weddings, we can’t wait to host family for a celebration and to make cherished memories. Today we are featuring a beautiful Coastal Florida Family Roots Photoshoot. This gorgeous family has strong HBCU and Florida ties and we are excited to share their beautiful photos. If […]
World Chocolate Day is tomorrow and there is no reason you can’t indulge even if you are on a diet. Today we have some World Chocolate Day – Healthy Chocolate Options courtesy of the nutritionists at the leading training and nutrition app, Freeletics. These recipes are exactly what you need to indulge your sweet tooth without the guilt. […]
Looking to add something sweet and unique to your next big occasion? We are here to help, With some assistance from dessert experts at The Daily, a Charleston, SC-based neighborhood marketplace, we are giving you tips you need. Today we are sharing Cakes for Every Occasion Curated by the Daily. Check out some of these unique flavors […]
Only a short two-hour drive from my home in Walterboro is a city full of African American history, beautiful architecture, great food and a riverfront view. All of these characteristics is what makes, Augusta, GA one of my favorite cities to do a weekend getaway or day trip. Whether it is antique store shopping or […]