Growing up as a Black Southern Belle, we all have memories attending church with our friends and family. There is something special about attending your hometown family church and seeing everyone you know in one room. Today we are showingA�12 Pieces of African American Church Art that show just that. These pieces send us back in time and would look great in any room of your home. So if you are decorating or just want to head down memory lane, check out ourA�12 Pieces of African American Church Art We Love!
1)We adore this piece by Jonathan Green. Nothing like the beautiful colors and sundresses. Perfect for a colorful piece to add to your office.
2) This piece is a depiction of a baptism in the river. A great addition to any living room or guestroom.
3) This piece from John Jones is a perfect display of getting dressed up to attend church and walking in with your mom on Sunday, with pearls and all.
4) This is a classic piece of church fellowship outside of the sanctuary. There are so many memories of gathering before and after service outside of the Church.
5) This beautiful piece from Jonathan Green is a display of classic church style, gloves, pearls and hats included.
6) There is a special place in our hearts for small churches in the South and this piece depicts that image perfectly.
7) This is another bold piece displaying a Baptism that we love and would love beautiful in a formal sitting area.
8) This piece from John Jones is bold and full of color. It has so much movement and character and would be a great addition to bedroom or library room.
9) This image of a small southern church is gorgeous and we love seeing the image of the children hanging outside on a warm day. So many memories that we can all relate to here.
10) This piece is perfect for anyone loves yellow. It would look beautiful as a display in a powder room or breakfast room.
11) This image is and honest depiction of first Sunday at Church. We love seeing the all white outfits paired with beautiful white hats and gloves.
12) Sometimes we couldn’t didn’tA�want to get out of bed and our grandmother had to give us a little push. This is a fun image to remind us of the times we spent going to church with our grandparents.
12) Thunderstorms happen all the time in the South but they don’t stop the show. This image displays a baptism taking place during a thunder storm and would look great display in a bedroom or office.