We love floral arrangements as Black Southern Belles. From hydrangeas to magnolias, they are ingrained in our style, home and eventually our weddings. Sometimes we have money to splurge on a floristA�and other times it is fun to do it yourself. Today we are sharing A�15 Tips for Making a DIY Floral Arrangement from Blooms by the Box. A�Celebrity event and floral designer Eddie Zaratsian Lifestyle and Design, and industry leading floral wholesaler Blooms By The Box, are announcing the release of a�?Do-It-Yourselfa�? floral packs and have generously shared a few of their favorite tips.A�
These newly lauched floral packs are inspired by Eddiea��s Youtube channel of floral DIY tutorials, and prove that one-of-a-kind arrangements can fit within any budget. Eddie believes that, a�?flowers are a feast for the soul, and everyone deserves a seat at the table,a�? andA�Blooms by the Box offers wholesale florals to complement Eddiea��s YouTube channel that lists over 40 videos of floral arrangement and bouquet tutorials, with a new video release every week.
A�Whether you are a southern hostess or a bride, you will be sure to love theseA�15 Tips for Making a DIY Floral Arrangement.
- Make your arrangement about 1 A? times taller than its container
- Recut stems just before adding them to the arrangement
- Add large, heavy flowers to your arrangement first, then fill with smaller blooms
- Use floral foam to keep your flowers in place and hydrated. Wait until the floral foam sinks to the bottom of the water to ensure it is properly hydrated
- Remove any leaves that fall below the waterline to keep the water clean
- Use large leaves to wrap the inside of your vase for added decoration
- Use floral wire to keep flowers with droopy stems together
- Arrange flowers using odd number amounts of stems to create nice variation
- Use proper supplies when arranging flowers such as floral scissors/knives, floral tape, and floral wire.
- When soaking floral foam in water allow the foam to sink to the bottom of your container. This is how you will know that it is fully soaked.
- Think about balance (do the arrangements have equal visual weight?) and line (this helps to make sure you make the appropriate arrangement for the appropriate space, i.e., a short arrangement for the center of a table where guests can interact) when arranging flowers.
- Make sure to get greenery that are in scale with your flowers. If your goal is to emphasize the beautiful blooms of the flowers, pick greenery that is slightly smaller as to not over-power your arrangements.
- Choosing a theme and specific flowers to go along can help you to achieve your desired design outcomes. (i.e., rustic wildflower theme, Modern/Edgy Theme, Traditional/ Simple Theme).
- Select flowers and be mindful of texture. Adding textural flowers can really enhance your floral arrangements!
- Foliage/greenery can add amazing texture and depth to any arrangement