Are you recently engaged? If you are planning a beautiful engagement shoot as a Black Southern Belle bride, we want to help you have the best possible experience ever. Today we are sharing tips from Houston, TX photographer, Monica Blackshire for tips to having an outdoor engagement:
1. When shooting using natural light timing means a lot! Sessions should be scheduled based on the position of the sun.
2. Be prepared! Always have extra batteries for your equipment, and back up props/materials in case of emergency! Things happen!
3. Be on time! Being on time means that you arrive at least 15-20 minutes before your scheduled appointment. This gives you time to set up and/or handle issues that may “pop up”
4. Stop shooting from time to time to review what you have in your camera with your client. It’s a good idea to make sure that everyone is on the same page! The last thing you want is to go through an entire session, and the customer is unsatisfied with their images. A quick review will ensure customer satisfaction!
5. Choose your location based on both the client’s attire and personality. Try not to shoot in the exact same spot for every session, no one wants to pay top dollar for cookie cutter images.
Groom – Valex “Duke” Amos III
Groom’s Hometown – Lafayette, LA
Bride – Jeremekia “Mekia” Franklin
Bride’s Hometown – Crowley, LA
Current City – Houston, Tx
Images by Monica Blackshire Photography