Are you a bride preparing for your bridal portraits and stressed on how make the best use of your photo session? We have some tips to help as you prepare for your bridal portraits. Today we have some insight from NC Photographer, Nikia Williams of Nikia Williams PhotographyA�onA�5 Tips to Prepare for Bridal Portraits. Check out her tips today and get some inspiration for your Black Southern Belle wedding planning process!
5 Tips to Prepare forA� Bridal Portraits
1. Consider bringing one (1) close friend or family member. Ita��s completely normal to feel nervous or shy while in front of the camera. Bring the person who will add fun and flair, keep the mood light, encourage you, and instill confidence during your session!
2. Bring your wedding accessories. This includes your veil, jewelry, bouquet, shoes, handkerchief, and any other sentimental items. Consider including a family heirloom. This bride used her great-grandmothera��s sitting chair.
3. Use your Bridal Portrait Session as a test run for your wedding day. Have your makeup professionally done. Consider scheduling your makeup consultation on the same day as your bridal portrait session. Have your florist create a mock wedding bouquet. View this day as an opportunity to ensure that you are pleased with your hair, makeup, dress, bouquet, and accessories in time for your big day! Get your beauty rest. A well-rested bride is a beautiful bride. Also lay out your accessories in advance so that you arena��t rushing on the day of your session.
4. Remember to hydrate. This is recommended before your portrait session as well as during your session. Before the session, drink plenty of water. Hydrated skin will pop in portraits. Additionally, Brides may not realize this, but during the portrait session, you will get hot in your wedding dress! Dona��t forget to bring water (and snacks).
5. Allow your personality to shine! Your portraits should reflect your personality. The moody lighting in this session perfectly complements this bridea��s romantic style.
Bride-to-be: Zuri Williams
MUA: Jocelyn Walker Dobbins @makeupbyjocelynwdA�
Florals: April’s Floral Expressions @aprilsfloralexpressions
Cake: The Cake Lady (Verdell Williams)
Photographer: Nikia Williams Photography @nikiawilliamsphotographyA�
Ring: Verragio via Diamonds Direct