Baby Jackson is here, but a few weeks before his arrival, my husband and I took a wonderful trip to Little Rock, Arkansas for our babymoon and we can’t wait to go back with our new bundle of joy. Today we are giving you some serious babymoon inspiration with a Civil Rights Tour of Little […]
Looking for somewhere to end the summer with a relaxing weekend trip or start off fall with romantic getaway? A Bed & Breakfast is your answer. We have curated a few of our favorites in the South and hope you add them to your travel list. TheseA�6 Black Owned Bed & Breakfasts In the South are everything you dream of from southern hospitality.
1) Morehead Manor:A�Originally built for the CEO of Liggett and Meyers, this splendidly redecorated, 8,000 square-foot, Colonial Revival Style home is located within walking distance to the Downtown area, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) and historic Brightleaf Square. Morehead Manor is just moments away from Duke University, North Carolina Central University, Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, NC, RDU International Airport, and is easily accessible to both Interstates 85 and 40.
2) Clevedale Historic Inn:A�A�This 1913 Colonial home, accented with stately columns, spacious porches, and opulent fireplaces, offers an atmosphere of casual elegance to the common gathering areas as well as the guest rooms.A� The sun-kissed porches invite guests to unwind with a good book and a pot of tea or a refreshing pitcher of lemonade. With its crackling fire, the Foyer and Parlor are ideal places to chat with friends over a glass of vintage port.
3)The Painted Lady: Looking to explore Augusta, GA. A�Be sure to check out this beautiful inn right in the heart of the historic district.A�Enjoy southern hospitality in a charming home-like atmosphere.A�
4) Magnolia House:A�Magnolia House Inn is a tastefully restored Queen Anne Victorian inn located in the heart of Virginia’s historic Peninsula. It is the perfect base for exploring the entire Southeastern Virginia area. Its three large guest rooms are impeccably appointed and offer the height of luxury. You’ll enjoy the full breakfast and the personal concierge service.
5) The Hubbard Mansion:A�An elegant Greek revival home, features five guest rooms with suite combinations providing modern luxuries in the spirit of historic style and elegance. All rooms are furnished with period antiques and precious heirlooms. A�Don and theA�lateA�Rose Hubbard builtA�The MansionA�over 15 years ago and modeled the facade after a Natchez, Mississippi Mansion, located on the Natchez Bluffs at the southern end of the Old Spanish Promenade Grounds overlooking the Mississippi River.A�
6) Thee Matriarch Bed & Breakfast: Orangeburga��sA�most charming boutique inn isA�nestled in the heart of historic downtownA�Orangeburg, SCA�and along the SC National Heritage Corridor Trail, The Matriarch satisfies theA�need for a full service small to medium size venue featuring elegantly themedA�guest quarters and meeting rooms.
Black Southern Belle Submitted – Thanks for sharing with us!
7) Harvest Time Guest House: The mission of Harvest Time is to become the best choice in Tylertown, MS for retreats, reunions, weddings, meetings or to just get away. We want to create an appealing climate for families and businesses. Count on our genuine Southern hospitality and friendly atmosphere to bring you back.
8)A�Langetree Retreat & Eco CenterA�:A�The mission is to provide state of the art science-based ECO (ecological) training laboratory designed to develop leadership competencies and environmental sustainability skills for youth and young adults. This Houston, TX area based venues also includes a Bed & Breakfast with large Suites available with an upstairs beautiful view of nature and lounge area with a beautiful wood burning brick fireplace.
8)Concord Quarters:A�Our licensed and inspected bed and breakfast is what remains of beautiful Concord, the first mansion built in Natchez circa 1789. Concord was a grand antebellum mansion, one of the many that have made this section famous. The entertainments at Concord were the most famous and lavish ever given in this section. Concord burned in 1901. Concord was the scene of the magnificent a�?Country Balla�? given by the Duke and Duchess of Manchester, this ball was given just prior to the fire. It was a reminder of the old time social festivals at a�?Concorda�?, and was largely attended. It was a brilliant affair and made suitable flues to the social chapter in the history of a�?Concorda�?.
9) The Almanett Hotel & Bistro:A�The AlmanettA�Hotel & BistroA�is a premier destination for social events,A�business meetings, and special getaways.
With a spectacularA�beach view our luxury hotel inA�Gulfport, MS strives to add aA�local flavor to every guest’s stay.A�A�Contrasts abound withA�bold sea colors,A�decorative artA�and hardwood floors;A�double-sided fireplaces & granite accents;A� down comfortersA�& luxurious linens.
|A calm oasis in the historic Garland Hill District of Lynchburg, Virginia, this faith-based Bed and Breakfast offers unparalleled elegance and charm. The House of Lydia welcomes overnight business guests as well as those seeking respite, renewalA� and sanctuary. Visiting ministers, seminary professors, missionaries serving around the world, business travelers and other guests will all experience genuine hospitality in an atmosphere of peace and quiet.|
Do you love wine tasting and want to try a new place? No need to hop a plane to Napa, France or Italy to savor award-winning wines – Dahlonega, Georgia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a highly acclaimed wine country. From Italianate hillside mansions to Appalachian-style lodges, visitors can […]
Mardi Gras is over with and many of us are now during the season of Lent. No matter what time of year it is we love celebrating the history of Mardi Gras, especially the African American History of Mardi Gras. Today we are doing that through showcasingA�Vintage African American Mardi Gras Images We Love. From […]
Are you looking to for a nature-inspired, luxury southern experience for your wedding? We have exactly the list of venues to tickle your fancy. With help fromA�Natural Retreats, we have compiledA�3 Luxury Southern Wedding Venues We Love. These places are perfect for the Black Southern Belle bride who loves nature with a little bit of […]
Love history and learning about southern culture especially from the Crescent City. We have the perfect book list for you to add to your library collection. Check out our favorite New Orleans African American History Books to Read. These books are great gifts to give to your friend for her next NOLA trip or a […]
Are you an art lover and looking for an excuse to travel? We have just the list for you. Today we are featuringA�8 Black Owned Art Galleries in the South that you should definitely visit. These galleries are the perfect resource to learn about African-AmericanA�culture and decorate your home. Know of more black owned art […]
Love history and travel? We are here to help with a fun list of historic sites to visit. With some help from The Green Book of South Carolina, we have curatedA�5 African American Historic Sites to See. A� The Green Book of South CarolinaA�is the first mobile travel guide to African American cultural sites across […]
It is never to early to start planning for summer vacations and what better way to do that than through reading some great books. Today we are sharingA�Our Favorite Books on African American Beaches. A�If you love history and enjoy spending time on the water, these books are perfect for you. Take a trip through […]
What could be better than savoring the taste of Lowcountry cuisine from award-winning restaurants in Charleston? Enjoying them while enjoying a beautiful sunset over the Holy City, of course.A�With its warm climate and gorgeous sunsets over the Charleston Harbor, you couldna��t ask for a perfect place to wine, dine, and unwind. Here are theA�Top 10 […]
Do you have a baby on the way? Why not treat yourself to a little downtime to a beautiful weekend getaway before the bundle of joy arrives. As a Black Southern Belle, we want a true southern experience no matter what we are celebrating and if you are looking to celebrate your baby with a […]