Looking for somewhere to end the summer with a relaxing weekend trip or start off fall with romantic getaway? A Bed & Breakfast is your answer. We have curated a few of our favorites in the South and hope you add them to your travel list. These 6 Black Owned Bed & Breakfasts In the South are everything you dream of from southern hospitality.
1) Morehead Manor: Originally built for the CEO of Liggett and Meyers, this splendidly redecorated, 8,000 square-foot, Colonial Revival Style home is located within walking distance to the Downtown area, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) and historic Brightleaf Square. Morehead Manor is just moments away from Duke University, North Carolina Central University, Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, NC, RDU International Airport, and is easily accessible to both Interstates 85 and 40.
2) Clevedale Historic Inn: This 1913 Colonial home, accented with stately columns, spacious porches, and opulent fireplaces, offers an atmosphere of casual elegance to the common gathering areas as well as the guest rooms. The sun-kissed porches invite guests to unwind with a good book and a pot of tea or a refreshing pitcher of lemonade. With its crackling fire, the Foyer and Parlor are ideal places to chat with friends over a glass of vintage port.
3)The Painted Lady: Looking to explore Augusta, GA. Be sure to check out this beautiful inn right in the heart of the historic district. Enjoy southern hospitality in a charming home-like atmosphere.
4) Magnolia House: Magnolia House Inn is a tastefully restored Queen Anne Victorian inn located in the heart of Virginia’s historic Peninsula. It is the perfect base for exploring the entire Southeastern Virginia area. Its three large guest rooms are impeccably appointed and offer the height of luxury. You’ll enjoy the full breakfast and the personal concierge service.
5) The Hubbard Mansion: An elegant Greek revival home, features five guest rooms with suite combinations providing modern luxuries in the spirit of historic style and elegance. All rooms are furnished with period antiques and precious heirlooms. Don and the late Rose Hubbard built The Mansion over 15 years ago and modeled the facade after a Natchez, Mississippi Mansion, located on the Natchez Bluffs at the southern end of the Old Spanish Promenade Grounds overlooking the Mississippi River.
6) Thee Matriarch Bed & Breakfast: Orangeburg’s most charming boutique inn is nestled in the heart of historic downtown Orangeburg, SC and along the SC National Heritage Corridor Trail, The Matriarch satisfies the need for a full service small to medium size venue featuring elegantly themed guest quarters and meeting rooms.
Black Southern Belle Submitted – Thanks for sharing with us!
7) Harvest Time Guest House: The mission of Harvest Time is to become the best choice in Tylertown, MS for retreats, reunions, weddings, meetings or to just get away. We want to create an appealing climate for families and businesses. Count on our genuine Southern hospitality and friendly atmosphere to bring you back.
8) Langetree Retreat & Eco Center : The mission is to provide state of the art science-based ECO (ecological) training laboratory designed to develop leadership competencies and environmental sustainability skills for youth and young adults. This Houston, TX area based venues also includes a Bed & Breakfast with large Suites available with an upstairs beautiful view of nature and lounge area with a beautiful wood burning brick fireplace.
8)Concord Quarters: Our licensed and inspected bed and breakfast is what remains of beautiful Concord, the first mansion built in Natchez circa 1789. Concord was a grand antebellum mansion, one of the many that have made this section famous. The entertainments at Concord were the most famous and lavish ever given in this section. Concord burned in 1901. Concord was the scene of the magnificent “Country Ball” given by the Duke and Duchess of Manchester, this ball was given just prior to the fire. It was a reminder of the old time social festivals at “Concord”, and was largely attended. It was a brilliant affair and made suitable flues to the social chapter in the history of “Concord”.
9) The Almanett Hotel & Bistro: The Almanett Hotel & Bistro is a premier destination for social events, business meetings, and special getaways.
With a spectacular beach view our luxury hotel in Gulfport, MS strives to add a local flavor to every guest’s stay. Contrasts abound with bold sea colors, decorative art and hardwood floors; double-sided fireplaces & granite accents; down comforters & luxurious linens.
Do you have dreams of a southern winter wedding? As a former February bride, I adore a winter wedding, especially a Southern one. If you are looking for a beautiful winter location for your nuptials, we have exactly the list you need. Check out our 7 Under-the-Radar Southern Winter Wedding Destinations today and get inspiration for […]
Tailgate season is here and we are so excited. Nothing like an HBCU homecoming season and we are so excited these favorites for the FAMU Belle. Check out a few of our favorite Florida Classic Tailgating Essentials from Tervis as well as their favorite tailgate selections! Be sure to share your tailgating fun with us on social […]
Are you a Black Southern Belle bride or maid of honor looking to do something different for your Bachelorette Party? We completely understand your struggle, we have all been to a million bachelorette weekends and sometimes just want to relax and for that you should try our Bucks County, PA. This quite Pennsylvania county knows […]
The South is full of food festivals and we’re in a tough spot. Choosing a top five is next to impossible. It’s like walking into the kitchen and having to fill just one plate with barbecue ribs, smothered pork chops, cornbread, collard greens and sweet potato pie. It’s only right to fill up and then […]
Sometimes you just need a break to do some shopping. A fun little escape from the busy city of Atlanta,GA, the town of Alpharetta, GA is a perfect place to do a shopping getaway. Today we are giving you all the information you need to have a fun Alpharetta, GA Shopping Tour with 5 Places to […]
Howard University Alum dream about homecoming all year long. From the moment we step back off the plane to our real lives, we are already plotting and planning for next years homecoming festivities. If you are an alum who has to travel back and forth to the Mecca each year, you should take every opportunity […]
HBCU homecoming season will be here before you know it and there is nothing like an HBCU tailgate. Today we are giving you some our favorite southern tailgate essentials to up your tailgate game. If you are looking for some fall fun, make sure to add a few HBCU Homecoming events to your schedule. Get […]
College classes are back in session. The giddiness of the first day is nothing compared to the tradition of HBCU football, halftime shows and homecoming season. No matter the beloved HBCU attended, there is a shared love across the board for the fall football season and the feelings of camaraderie, school spirit and fun that […]
Marching bands, great athletics, school spirit out of this world, tailgating and amazing dancers are just some of the aspects that make the HBCU homecoming experience one of a kind. It is the time of year where you get to wear hoodies and varsity jackets representing your school and you get to learn your university’s […]
Today we are featuring a chic southern girlfriends getaway by Erica J of Elevated Occasions. This Charleston, SC trip is everything you need in your life to get away from it all. Make sure to consider Charleston the next time you and your girls want to have some fun with loads of Southern Charm. Check […]