Looking for somewhere to end the summer with a relaxing weekend trip or start off fall with romantic getaway? A Bed & Breakfast is your answer. We have curated a few of our favorites in the South and hope you add them to your travel list. These 6 Black Owned Bed & Breakfasts In the South are everything you dream of from southern hospitality.
1) Morehead Manor: Originally built for the CEO of Liggett and Meyers, this splendidly redecorated, 8,000 square-foot, Colonial Revival Style home is located within walking distance to the Downtown area, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) and historic Brightleaf Square. Morehead Manor is just moments away from Duke University, North Carolina Central University, Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, NC, RDU International Airport, and is easily accessible to both Interstates 85 and 40.
2) Clevedale Historic Inn: This 1913 Colonial home, accented with stately columns, spacious porches, and opulent fireplaces, offers an atmosphere of casual elegance to the common gathering areas as well as the guest rooms. The sun-kissed porches invite guests to unwind with a good book and a pot of tea or a refreshing pitcher of lemonade. With its crackling fire, the Foyer and Parlor are ideal places to chat with friends over a glass of vintage port.
3)The Painted Lady: Looking to explore Augusta, GA. Be sure to check out this beautiful inn right in the heart of the historic district. Enjoy southern hospitality in a charming home-like atmosphere.
4) Magnolia House: Magnolia House Inn is a tastefully restored Queen Anne Victorian inn located in the heart of Virginia’s historic Peninsula. It is the perfect base for exploring the entire Southeastern Virginia area. Its three large guest rooms are impeccably appointed and offer the height of luxury. You’ll enjoy the full breakfast and the personal concierge service.
5) The Hubbard Mansion: An elegant Greek revival home, features five guest rooms with suite combinations providing modern luxuries in the spirit of historic style and elegance. All rooms are furnished with period antiques and precious heirlooms. Don and the late Rose Hubbard built The Mansion over 15 years ago and modeled the facade after a Natchez, Mississippi Mansion, located on the Natchez Bluffs at the southern end of the Old Spanish Promenade Grounds overlooking the Mississippi River.
6) Thee Matriarch Bed & Breakfast: Orangeburg’s most charming boutique inn is nestled in the heart of historic downtown Orangeburg, SC and along the SC National Heritage Corridor Trail, The Matriarch satisfies the need for a full service small to medium size venue featuring elegantly themed guest quarters and meeting rooms.
Howard University Alum dream about homecoming all year long. From the moment we step back off the plane to our real lives, we are already plotting and planning for next years homecoming festivities. If you are an alum who has to travel back and forth to the Mecca each year, you should take every opportunity […]
HBCU homecoming season will be here before you know it and there is nothing like an HBCU tailgate. Today we are giving you some our favorite southern tailgate essentials to up your tailgate game. If you are looking for some fall fun, make sure to add a few HBCU Homecoming events to your schedule. Get […]
College classes are back in session. The giddiness of the first day is nothing compared to the tradition of HBCU football, halftime shows and homecoming season. No matter the beloved HBCU attended, there is a shared love across the board for the fall football season and the feelings of camaraderie, school spirit and fun that […]
Marching bands, great athletics, school spirit out of this world, tailgating and amazing dancers are just some of the aspects that make the HBCU homecoming experience one of a kind. It is the time of year where you get to wear hoodies and varsity jackets representing your school and you get to learn your university’s […]
Today we are featuring a chic southern girlfriends getaway by Erica J of Elevated Occasions. This Charleston, SC trip is everything you need in your life to get away from it all. Make sure to consider Charleston the next time you and your girls want to have some fun with loads of Southern Charm. Check […]
We love showcasing and sharing Black Southern Belle history and supporting African American Veterans any way we can. Today we are doing just that. Of the almost 20,000 Montford Point Marines, we only know the names of about 1200 of them, and only 300 of those are still alive, and we are losing them rapidly. That’s […]
There are 107 HBCUs across the country. Most of these universities and colleges are in small southern towns, but not all! Some HBCUs are in some of the most beautiful and touristic cities in America. Visit these beautiful southern cities and fall in love. The sights alone will have you ready to commit to one […]
This year HBCU Homecoming looks will be unlike no other. The HBCU fashion styles have updated , the events will be a runway, and the color of their outfit will represent their school pride. There are so many styles that are tending for this fall for homecoming and every true BSB will show them off from […]
Planning a wedding or a big event in the South? We have you covered today with 10 Black Owned Wedding Venues in the South. There is nothing like planning and attending a southern wedding. A Black Southern Belle loves having a beautiful outdoor or classic southern wedding. We adore this time of our lives and wanted […]
Need a break from it all and don’t want to go too far. Take a relaxing and chic vacations with these gorgeous Black Owned Resorts and Hotels in the South. These resorts are immaculate and are a perfect addition to your wanderlust goals. Next time you are planning a romantic getaway or girlfriends getaway, be […]