Today we are featuring a tour of the beautiful Ace Hotel in New Orleans, LA. This beautifully styled hotelA�sits on the cusp of New Orleansa�� downtown core, in the warehouse district at the corner of Carondelet and Lafayette streets.The hotel worked with interior design and longA�time collaborators firm Roman & Williams to create Ace Hotel New Orleans. AccordingA�to the hotel, A�their design motto was, “With our ears finely tuned to the buildinga��s origin in place and time, we aimed to restore and maintain a familiar experience a�� the romantic history of New Orleans’ past that manifests in its streets and daily life.” Here is our Ace Hotel Tour and a few of our favorite southern design aspects of this beautifully styled hotel:
Can we talk about this beautiful column and classic leather pieces?A�This room is the perfect mix of retro and southern style and the perfect gathering place for friends to meet while on vacation.
A chandelier can never be too big and two makes it even better. These unique pieces add the right amount of romance and drama to a room and give the unique vibe that only a hotel in NOLA can.
This mantle is full of fun details with a deep navy color and floral paintings. It is a perfect mix of feminine and masculine styling and perfectly accented with brick and a large gold mirror.
If you are looking to see the city the rooftop at Ace Hotel is where it’s at. With modern teak pieces and a chic pergola and beautiful landscaping, you may not want to leave.
Do you have DIY Bar goals for your home? If not, then use the Ace Hotel as your example. This outdoor bar rivals anything we have seen and with the view to match you should definitely get inspired.
Marble and shiplap don’t have to be neutral and that is the motto here. With bold pops of hunter and charcoal this bathroom is not your average hotel bathroom. Both luxury and comfy, this bathroom is enough to get us to NOLA.
Art doesn’t have to be limited to your wall. This beautiful bayou inspired art matches perfectly on the bedroom armoire and provides an ode to the roots of the region.
Monochromatic style doesn’t have to be boring and this room is a great example. With pops of wood adding color, this room sets the tone for a romantic weekend or relaxing getaway in the Crescent City.
As you plan your trip to NOLA and the Ace Hotel, here are a few restaurants to add to your list:
- Josephine EstelleA�– Located adjacent to Ace Hotel New Orleans, Josephine Estelle features southern-inspired Italian meals and wine served in a soaring dining room with ornate decor.
- SeaworthyA�– This award-winning restaurant features locally sourced oysters and seafood that are paired with cocktails and wine in a stylish Creole cottage that dates back to the 1830s.A�
- Stumptown Coffee RoastersA�A�-A�Stumptown Coffee Roasters is located in Ace Hotel New Orleans and featuresA�several Cold Brew offerings and signature drinks mixed and poured from a seven-head brass and marble tap. The talented chefs at the adjacent restaurant Josephine Estelle also crafted a custom pastry menu for the coffee shop, featuring pastries with French and Southern influences.
- Cochon Butcher: Walking distance from the hotel, Cochon is a stylish renovated warehouse serving elevated, pork-focused Cajun fare in a group-friendly setting. Cochon specializes in house-made meats, terrines and sausages and ready-to-cook items available daily.
- Shaya: About a 15-minute drive away from Ace Hotel New Orleans, Shaya is a James Beard award-winning restaurant that features modern Israeli fare.