Tips For an Unforgettable Wedding Bar from Hudson Trailer Company
Planning your wedding and dreaming of craft cocktails? What better way than to add a touch of true cocktail fun by adding a wedding bar. With help from Suzanne Hasz and her Hudson Trailer Company we have everything you need to make sure your guests love everything about your wedding, especially your bar. Suzanne gives us her Suzanne Hasz and her Hudson Trailer Company and we are excited to share inspiration from some of her very own Hudson Trailer Company wedding bars as well as a signature drink recipe that you definitely want to make for your next dinner party or wedding. If you had a cocktail bar at your wedding or fall dinner party, please share with us on social media using the hashtag #blacksouthernbelle
Tips For an Unforgettable Wedding Bar
1) Choose a fun and unique bar setting (like the ones HTC provides) with an added personal touch from the couple ( photos, a handwritten menu or styling with items meaningful to the couple.)
2) Hire an experienced and personable bartender or several, depending on the size of the guest list! I recommend one bartender for every 70 people.
3) Create a signature cocktail with the couple in mind. One that represents them, a fond memory of theirs, or an adventure they have been on together.
4) Have on hand a well thought out selection of alcohol and beverages so there is something for every guest, especially the teetotalers. Don’t forget to take into consideration the season of your wedding when planning your menu. That delicious stout beer is great for a fall wedding, but not so popular in the summer heat.
5) Lastly, have fun with the bar you decide to create or rent. Whether you are having a cocktail caravan or a self service beer counter, remember your guests are there to witness a beautiful union and will be happy drinking whatever alcohol you provide (just remember to use your bar providers alcohol calculator so you don’t run out!)
My favorite cocktail-
Mint Jalapeño Margarita
4 fresh mint leaves
1 large lime, cut into wedges
3 slices of fresh cut jalapeño
1 tbsp agave nectar, or to taste
1 cup ice cubes
1 ½ oz Espolon Blanco Tequila
½ oz orange liqueur
½ oz triple sec
Himalayan Pink Salt or Smoked Salt
Use one lime wedge to wet rim of glass and dip into salt. (I only salt half the glass rim, as I don’t like to overpower my cocktail)
In a thick glass cocktail shaker, muddle together fresh jalapeño slices, 4 fresh cut lime wedges and four sprigs of mint until you can smell the aroma of the mint (do not over muddle- the chlorophyll will make your cocktail taste grassy and bitter)
Add agave nectar, tequila, orange liqueur and triple sec
Add ice and shake until shaker becomes misty (about 25 seconds)
Serve straight up by straining into your salted margarita glass, garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Michiel is a Black Southern Belle living a lowcountry life. I love all things fashion, home decor and southern! When I am not running around doing fun stuff for Black Southern Belle, I live in antique stores and have a minor obsession with historic homes 🙂